Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Kuga 1.5D titanium
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2017 Ford Kuga Titanium 1.5 diesel

Until today I have had zero problems with this , quickly parked up to run an errand when returning to the car Parking Brake Malfunction message came up completely disengaging the handbrake and hill assist.

After plenty of reading I tried to put the parking brake into service mode using the accelerator and parking brake button method so I could take a look. This did not work either , my guess is because the brake is already disengaged the car is not accepting the command.

lots of life in discs / pads and no obvious signs of excessive wear.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I currently have the car in gear and chocked as I live on a slight hill.

steve

·
Registered
2017 Kuga 1.5D titanium
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
UPDATE

i now have an airbag light on the dash and have lost functionality on the Headlight control switch. No high beams or fog lights either.

AA attended and tested the battery 15.5 , suspected faulty alternator overcharging the battery causing electrical systems to shut down.

hopefully getting a second opinion later today and going from there.

again any advice or previous experience would be much appreciated

Steve

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
7,254 Posts
The AA could be right if your battery is reading such a high voltage. Hopefully he checked that with the engine off !

The Battery Management System will keep the battery at a set voltage on vehicles with stop start but certainly not as high as 15.5 volts.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
On the age of the car, it probably is the battery.
Make sure whoever changes it knows how to reset the BMS (battery management system)
I would first replace the battery before you chase an alternator fault.

·
Registered
2017 Kuga 1.5D titanium
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quick update , had an auto electrician out to check battery and alternator both of which he said seem fine.

Car is throwing up a number of codes as follows:

Powertrain Control Module
P0512:13-6C Starter request circuit

ABS
U2002:96-2A Switch

Restraint Control Module
B0090:81-AF Left frontal restraints sensor

Instrument Panel Control Module
U0422:00-0A Invalid data received from Body Control Module

Body Control Module
B1130:87-2F Light Switch Module

B12CD:87-2F Voltage Quality Module

The more reading I do the more I’m convinced it’s an open circuit or loose connection somewhere that is throwing up all these faults.

Auto electrician insisted control module issues are a main dealer job so it’s booked in tomorrow morning. Main dealer informed me it was £66 to diagnose even though I had the report already but I thought £66 isn’t too bad…. PER CODE!

I have a feeling this will become very costly but keeping everything crossed and will update when the problem is resolved 🤞

Steve

·
Premium Member
Kuga ST Line X 1.5 Eco 180ps 6 Speed Auto AWD Magnetic
794 Posts
Like others my money is on the battery, hope your pockets are deep once the dealer gets involved.
Its a 2017 car, if it were me I’d have fitted a new battery, cleared the codes and see what comes back before it goes to the stealer.

·
Registered
2017 Kuga 1.5D titanium
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
RESOLVED

So it turns out there is some wiring in the passenger footwell up behind the dash.

The connecter was missing its protective felt covering and had worked its was loose or been knocked.

Reconnected and some codes cleared and everything is back to normal all for the price of one hours labour (£66) I guess sometimes it does pay to go to the experts.

Had the sulphur regeneration Update? Recall done whilst it was in there also.

Relieved is an understatement.

Thank you all for your comments

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
7,254 Posts
Thanks for posting the results. Definitely worth the £66 labour cost. Looks like you have a garage you can recommend in your area.

·
Registered
2017 Kuga 1.5D titanium
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I used TC Harrison in Derby. I purchased the car from Barking in London but the first owner originally purchased the car from them and it’s just down the road.

This was my second interaction with them and they have been nothing but helpful. First time they put all the service history into a new service book from their computer records.

This time around they were great again. I did stress to them that I didn’t have mega bucks to spend.

Steve

1 - 10 of 10 Posts