Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Ford Kuga 1.5 St Line 69 reg
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there

Recently purchased a 69 plate Kuga 1.5 St Line But noticed it never came with a parcel shelf cover. Does anyone know where I can purchase one.

I purchased one of ebay and the cover was 4” too narrow. I’ve since been advised that my model is the Kuga plus even though the advert stated for 2019 model. It is being returned tomorrow but can’t find anywhere online that is selling the correct item.
Any advise will be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Ewen

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
I’ve never heard of the Kuga plus.

Reactions: NigelB

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
This is on eBay along with others
6C060B83-FCA7-4978-98B9-02F40AEA712B.png

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Think you need to be on the mk2 section, unless it’s a new one on an old reg.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
I would wait for the one that has the flap at the front which fills the gap between seats and the load cover and also the one that is shaped at the back to fill the space between the load cover and tailgate. The load cover NOT fitting the gap back and front is a pet hate of mine and would like to meet the designer who thought it would be ok for it not to fit and perhaps tell them they would be better off designing book ends rather than car parts. You may have to Google book ends lol.

The shaped one is quite rare and have only ever seen one on eBay.

@Ewent1903 are you sure the load cover isn't in the slot in the floor back of the rear seats.

·
Registered
46 Posts
On mine I had to tilt the rear seats back a notch and the small flap sits nice under the headrests

·
Registered
ST-Line Edition 2019 AWD 1.5 Turbo EcoBoost Petrol Auto 180bhp
99 Posts
Mine hasn't got the small flap, but I wish it had and there's a slot there too.
Shame you can't just buy that flap - the more flappage, the better, in my opinion.

Reactions: Davey wavey

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Mine hasn't got the small flap, but I wish it had and there's a slot there too.
Shame you can't just buy that flap - the more flappage, the better, in my opinion.
I knew this girl once who had.........................

You have to use your imagination from there.

You can get the extension flap which fastens to the tailgate. That's a bodge if you ask me and not a cheap one at that. Designed by a book end designer and that is being disrespectful for those who design book ends.

·
Registered
ST-Line Edition 2019 AWD 1.5 Turbo EcoBoost Petrol Auto 180bhp
99 Posts
:unsure:o_O:D:p:whistle:

·
Registered
2019 2.0 180 ST Line edition auto 4x4 Chrome Blue Addaptive cruise Heated steering Full Sunroof
70 Posts
What I find strange and good for me is that there seems to be no difference in noise in the car weather the shelf is in place or not. Prob due to it dosn't completly close in the rear of car. So will be leaving under the rear seats.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
What I find strange and good for me is that there seems to be no difference in noise in the car weather the shelf is in place or not. Prob due to it dosn't completly close in the rear of car. So will be leaving under the rear seats.
That's one of the reasons the cabin is noisy I think. Perhaps I just got one that doesn't seal too well on the doors and windows. It is better without the hekos but it's still noisy. I think if the heater vents were taped up and an air leakage test was performed on the Kuga, as they do with buildings, I think the Kuga would fail miserably, or at least mine would.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts