Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
having just read about US cars now being fitted with ( we have all seen the advert?) a parallel automatic parking feature I wonder when it will be available over here?
There is a vast market for such a device if the price is right.

for those whom have not seen it so far ( u-tube?) the driver selects auto park sensors and drives past a row of cars with a gap ,the sensors work out of gap is large enough for safe parking and will alert driver to stop. driver then selects reverse and LETS GO of steering wheel, simply uses clutch and accelerator as normal, the car will automatically turn steering wheel to parkperfectly in line in the gap. ( my wife would love that)

Possibly a bit like intelligent cruise control ..available on other cars but not on a Ford!

shame as I am sure most would love to have this feature on a Kuga.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I tested theVW Tiguan before buying the Kuga and it had parallel parking (park assist) on it which I was very impressed with. It also had the rear view camera like some Kuga's do which plots the arc of where the car will be on reersing. I thought this was great to and would have loved in on my kuga but was offered very good deal on a stock car.

·
Registered
65 Posts
parallel parking is a requirement for passing your driving test and therefore an essential driving skill.

if you can't do it you shouldn't be driving! (it only requires practice to get it right!

IMHO

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Likewise Itested the Tiguan with this Park Assist device fitted,for me one word . . . .scary, I like to be in FULL control, parking was not exactly the breeze I'd hoped it would be. From Tiguan to Kuga, for me the Tiguanfelt big insidereason, it wasempty, a very lonely place in comparison to the Kuga,all along I kept thinking there is something missing and there was, the Tiguan had no soul and absolutely no character, Honda was a close second reason, full of toys, Oh those toys, rear camera,pan roof, electric seats, DVD/sat Nav, front/rear parking sensors, privacy glass and a crash mitigation optionsame as featured on Volvo XC60 anothercar shortlisted.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I do parallel park every day but have a habit of leaving around 9-12" from kerb as I really don't want to risk scuffing expensive alloy wheel.
A thread from a london forum somewhere ( memory fails) mentioned councils will be trying to book folk whom park with wheels more than a few inches from a kerb as incorrectly parked! I guess it's going to be cheaper to get a spare couple of alloy's and use them everyday with a gentle scrape along kerb to ensure no fines! Not yet found out what the measurment criteria will be but if anybody does come across it and which council is starting to enforce this please let us lot know asap . many thanks. yet another reason to invest in an auto parking device maybe! Ford should read posts in here ..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts