Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
The blinds help keep it cool, certainly manageable in the recent heat here in the UK. Not noisy at all, lovely and light inside the car. Go for it if you have the budget and fancy it, I'm pleased I did on mine, I love the exterior colour contrast against white too.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I woulddefinatley recommend the panoramic roof

It makes the Kuga nice and light and airey,

Although I would prefer anelectrically operated blind rather than a manual one.

The blind is split in two. The front blind is easy to use,just pull it back from the front of the pano roof. The back blind howeverneeds to be pulled forward from the back of the pano roof. So impossible to complete from the drivers seat.

One added bonus of the pano roof is that the Bee sting aerial is sited at the back of the roof ( where a Bee Sting should be! ) rather than the front on non-pano models.This gives the Kuga a much better side profile and more in keeping with the Kinetic design

I agree with Rich_y2 the pano roof gives a good contrastagainst the body colour ( except black of course!)

Regards

Kugameister
Edited by: Kugameister

·
Registered
8 Posts
I would definitely NOT recommend the sunroof for a place like Greece.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
I took a KUGA for a test drive with a sunroof on a hot sunny day. No extra noise ""¦.not very light""¦ but the heat was an issue. Even when i closed the interior cover

But I didlike the sunroof very much , if you are not going to travel to southern Europe with your KUGA its fine

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Hmmm Nikos, I'm going to disagree

There are so many coatings applied to the glass that most of the solar heat is reflected. This is my second summer with the Kuga. I am sure that the interior is cooler inside than with a conventional metal painted roof, which in contrast absorbs heat and because of very little insulation in the headlining, heats the car interior more. I stand to be corrected by side by side testing, but I'm talking to another Kuga owner at work without the glass roof and this is the conclusion.

If you have kids, give them a treat and go for the panoramic view from the back seats. If it's down to just you as a driver, then you won't miss it much as an option, as the view out from it is outside your peripheral vision.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Definitely cooler than my normal roof Focus. I sometimes use both on same day and notice a difference. One of the reasons I bought a new Kuga was because I could spec a panoramic roof. Seemed rare second hand.

cheers David

·
Registered
78 Posts
Definitely recommend it. I have privacy glass as part of the appearance pack. If I didn't also have the pan roof it would be very dark back there. Heat not an issue either. I agree that they look good on the paler coloured Kugas too. Mine is Sea Grey so most people don't even know I have the pan roof until they get in. They all love it too.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I agree with all the positive comments above PLUS.. even with a pano, the privacy glass kept still 'nicely drinkable' two cans of beer left inadvertently on the back seat for three hours during a barbecue (not using the car), even in direct sunlight at about 1pm.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts