Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My single parent neighbour has burst a 5 litre tin of emulsion all over the back seats of her 2 year old C3 whilst moving house. Couldn’t let her try and clean it up herself so offered to help out.
Removed seats completely have got 99% of paint off but had to resort to the power washer in the end, now it’s a case of drying them out.......anybody had to do this and if so how long did it take for the seat foam to dry out as I reckon it’s gonna be a while, fortunately the covers are zipped but not removable so the foam is exposed.......any advice will be appreciated

·
Registered
777 Posts
Well, judging by what the bio-cleaners suggest for the car's interior to completely dry after the process (at least 24h), I would also think that a full 24h is the minimum, if not even more

·
Super Moderator
1,783 Posts
Daughter did it with a bottle of milk.

Took three days for the foam to dry completely and then we had to wash the ruddy seats as the drops that had collected in the corners behind the piping began to smell. Cue another three days.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all, I new it was a long process and all replies appreciated, just going to leave covers unzipped where possible and lean against spare room radiators and wait, after all, I’ve got plenty of time with the lockdown

1 - 5 of 5 Posts