Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to install a dash cam but don't want the slightly wire running from the dash to the windshield. Has anyone found a ignition switched power source in the overhead consul? If so where was it and how did you access it. Thanks

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Hard wire it from glovebox fusebox using piggy back fuse,run cable up behind the A pillar and tuck in across to headlining, job done using fuse F85 (ignition switched live)

·
Registered
6,600 Posts
Yes you could use the one that powers the interior lighting. It will come on as the doors are unlocked ect and remain on for the duration of the battery saving time when you leave the car.

·
Registered
40 Posts
To be honest, taking the feed from the glovebox fuse box is so quick and simple I don’t see why you’d want the hassle of accessing behind roof lining.
Stick your dash cam in place and you can easily tuck the cable under edge of roof lining and down door pillar .. it just pushes under by fingertip - no tools needed.
Only awkward bit is laying in footwell to connect the supply, but again it’s easy to do, just a bit awkward ??

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
As this has been posted in the Mk1 modifications thread, is it a Mk1 or a Mk2?

·
Registered
583 Posts
As every one has already said it is very quick and simple to go from the fuse box in passenger seat and up the front pillar and across the lining to mirror position.
As phoneman has pointed out fuse 85 is live on ignition.
sorted.

Reactions: Les

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Fuse F85 refers to a Mk2 Kuga 2012 on........If your Kuga is MK1(2008-2012) use an ignition switched circuit, I used F131 on my MK1 which was rear wiper circuit and no airbags to hinder the job

Reactions: Splassher6

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Do you not have to be careful picking up live feeds on canbus systems.

I run mine under the head lining, under the plastic window pillar, behind the glove box and use the cig lighter socket. I hard wired the wife's car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts