Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
So got rid of number 2 (tit sport 150 derv 2wd ) for a 2018 ST LINE X 150 Ecoboost in magnetic nice ca,r But god awful engine ( imho) to me a Kuga is a relaxing car not a race car so why put a engine in that needs full chat to make head-way.
Anyway my fault for buying it but thats what you get for short test drives

IMG_0474.JPG

IMG_0474.JPG
IMG_0476.JPG
IMG_0476.JPG

So after 5 weeks i could take no more and found myself a late 2019 ST LINE Edition 180 AWD derv
The difference is like night and day so once again i am a happy Kuga bunny

Registered
Discussion Starter #2
why it has doubled some of the pics i really dont know sorry 馃槺

Registered
Nice looking car.

Reactions: b road blaster

Registered
Your description of the 150 Ecoboost was exactly the same as a ford sales guy I know who's wife had one and couldn't wait to get rid of it. He said exactly the same in you had to rev it to make it go. Some people like that I don't. My wife would be happy with having to rev it. I for one would not. We should have had the 2 litre turbo like Australia gets or even better, the 2.5 like they stuck in the mk1 and * the road tax cost.

Registered
The dark metallic looks very nice in the ST Line, but the white will be a lot easier to look after.

They've actually canned the 1.5l EcoBoost over here- whenever we finally get the new model released. The funny bit is it would probably have been a lot better with the new 8 speed auto. It also makes me think they'll be trying to sell them as a more premium SUV choice with no cheap entry point. It will be a bad mistake. Now it's the 2.0l EcoBoost as the only petrol choice.

BTW I had to Google what "derv" meant!

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
The dark metallic looks very nice in the ST Line, but the white will be a lot easier to look after.

They've actually canned the 1.5l EcoBoost over here- whenever we finally get the new model released. The funny bit is it would probably have been a lot better with the new 8 speed auto. It also makes me think they'll be trying to sell them as a more premium SUV choice with no cheap entry point. It will be a bad mistake. Now it's the 2.0l EcoBoost as the only petrol choice.

Sorry thats me forgetting about our overseas friends mate and just using uk shortcuts in language.
Yes my first mk 1 was also in white and much easier to keep clean.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Your description of the 150 Ecoboost was exactly the same as a ford sales guy I know who's wife had one and couldn't wait to get rid of it. He said exactly the same in you had to rev it to make it go. Some people like that I don't. My wife would be happy with having to rev it. I for one would not. We should have had the 2 litre turbo like Australia gets or even better, the 2.5 like they stuck in the mk1 and * the road tax cost.
Please don't get me wrong the Ecoboost will make quite good pace if pushed and i expect a remap would help,
But to me it is just the wrong engine for a 2t lump of metal. I would love to see a nice V8 in it if i had to have a petrol one for me its all about toque not BHP in this sort of car / suv .
Its silly things like come off a roundabout in the Ecoboost in the wrong gear and put your foot down and time its spooled up and got going you lose the will to live.
I am not a petrol hater i love them in the right situation like i had plenty of jap 4x4 turbo cars ( scoobys / evo / gt4 / pulsur) and loved screaming them down the road but just not in a Kuga.

Registered
For those that don鈥檛 know what DERV means....

Diesel
Engine
Road
Vehilce

Reactions: DogDeluxe

Registered
Come on Psshaw, please continue.. those overseas will need to know what Vimto, claret & cherryade is.

Do they have different colour fuel abroad?

Registered
I don鈥檛 know how to take that, have I missed something?

Registered
Please don't get me wrong the Ecoboost will make quite good pace if pushed and i expect a remap would help,
You just need to get the 2.0l version like the US and Australia. Anyone looking at the new model it's got an 8 speed auto and even the 1.5l (now a new 3 cylinder) should perform very well.

Registered
2019 St-Line x
Does yours have the powered tailgate ? does it lock properly with the windows and doors closed, mine i have to open a door or window for it to lock properly :(, also if you get into the car is it completely silent or is there a noise coming from behind the dashboard every 30 seconds or so like its opening and closing something / scanning ?

Registered
Discussion Starter #16
The one i have just sold (2018 st line x ) had the powered tailgate and all worked as it should mate
no noise from dash at all.
The new one 2019 st line edition for some reason they did not have the powered tailgate fitted.

Registered
2019 St-Line x
The one i have just sold (2018 st line x ) had the powered tailgate and all worked as it should mate
no noise from dash at all.
The new one 2019 st line edition for some reason they did not have the powered tailgate fitted.
Cheers the person at the dealership said it was suppose to make that noise, i didn't believe him. Hopefully it will all come under the warranty and wont try and fob me off with both issues.

Registered
Discussion Starter #18
Well for me the silver / chrome Kuga badge did not work for me so thats now gloss black also lost the AWD as again
for me it just looked gash and has been replaced by a gel st line badge.
Yes i know a few have done the same i think it works on a white kuga
Next will be the wheels i would like to go gloss black on them but part of the Edition version is the anthracite colour
so not sure if to get another set to do black or do the ones on it, But i shall wait until the winter salt is done and finished with.

Registered
Discussion Starter #20
They are not everybody cup of tea i get that but on the white i think they work quite well (well better than the chrome )

1 - 20 of 20 Posts