Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologise if this seems to have taken some time, but, work does tend to be 24/7 some times in the year more than others.
<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>
I have managed to secure the complete lower field section of a campsite, of which you will find details of below. I have been assured that if we can have sufficient numbers in attendance we can make it OURS for the weekend.
<O:p></O:p>
Once people have signed up I will also spend some weekends doing some trips round and look for runs out and places of interest to visit. This location, although somewhere my wife and I do some walking is not really familiar, however, I will investigate, and find ideas?? Or gladly take suggestions.
In the old days we (mini club members) all ran with two way radios on board; immense fun had by all as the first could tell the rest of hazards or opportunities to overtake if necessary?? With ALL being able to talk and listen.
So the proposed location is: -
http://www.howgill-lodge.co.uk
It is a campsite with facilities and there may be lodges available, although September is usually quite a good month.
The campsite is booked for 11, 12, 13<SUP>th</SUP> September 2009. i.e 2 nights. However I have expressed we will probably only require it for the 12th into the 13th, i.e. Saturday and Sunday. That is, unless enough people want to do both nights, which would be excellent??
Price is £16 a night for car, 2 people and 1 standard sized tent.
Those who are interested, I am going to place another post below with opportunity to let me know if you can/want to attend. Please note, if you sign up, I would be very grateful of full commitment as I shall be paying for site and the price will be dependent on the amount of people attending, i.e. 15+
<O:p></O:p>Edited by: the undertaker

·
Registered
173 Posts
Name Quantity of people Tent qty/size?

the undertaker 2 1 medium

The bear
2 1 medium

·
Registered
173 Posts
Probably won't be able to make it,sorry guys + am not a fan of camping.

G

·
Registered
26 Posts
What about contacting Ford and asking if they will sponsor it - they can take photos for a magazine or something, they'll love it for publicity

Maybe they could pay for a trendy pork wagon or something one day and feed and wine everyone???

I would if I were you.

Mine comes Friday. Hope it's a good as you lot say it is!

·
Registered
173 Posts
oh! it is, you wont be disapointed.good Idea about the the meet worth a try

regards The Bear

·
Registered
58 Posts
looks like a nice site, but would prefer cycling there than driving.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have already contactedthe kugaowners, butthank you.

cycling kind of defeats the object of summer Kuga meet, but you are welcome to cycle and join us, well provided we get few more?????
Edited by: the undertaker

·
Registered
156 Posts
I must admit I quite like the idea of parking up with a couple of dozen (or more) Kugas and give them all the once over. But tents are out.
What is the general feeling if I (and maybe other Kugans) pop up for one full day from early till evening. Paying the £16 isno problem. You might arrange for advance payment.

I would bring my own little nosh box. The proposed site is 150 miles from my Location (South Birmingham).

·
Registered
268 Posts
Sorry Guys, but can't make Sept 12th/13th Meet
as am involvedwith the Marie Curie Cancer Care Ladies Driving Challenge Day on 13th !!

We are however, intending to go to the Ford Fair at Silverstone on Sun 2nd Aug...

Any other Kugan's hoping to go ???

·
Registered
173 Posts
I won't be going either as dates are no good for me. Hope those of you that go have a great time.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Im planning to go to Ford Fair, hope to see you there Kugababe

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have to notify Howgill of our intentions, therefore I am giving till Wednesday 9<SUP>th</SUP> July to make it known if they would like to attend. Please pm me or post below if you wish to be there?
<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
Thank You

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Digger said:
ok UT

I will definitely come on Sunday all day.

PS the 9th is Thursday.

Well spotted, the 8th. Unfortunately tho we will not have the site for only one day. As you can imagine, the idea was to hire the field for camping etc, but we can't just use it for 1 day, its as campsite so they have to rent it to pay for it. All or nothing I guess. Although I did not realise it was such a big ALL????

·
Registered
156 Posts
Not sure how to take your last postUndertaker. I had already agreed (29 june) to pay the £16 for my brief visit.
I just thought if the hardy ones amongst us did the two days. The softies could swell the numbers each day by doing a SAT or a SUN.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks to ALL those who signed up for our weekend camp? however, due to in-sufficient numbers the camp site is unable to offer us the fields I managed to book.
<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
Summer meet, first weekender will not take place, well, not from this particular thread.

ITS CANCELLED

·
Registered
173 Posts
Thanks U.T.
for all your hard work and for giving up your precious spare time to try and arrange OUR first meet, it has been appreciated, I'm sure I speak for...............................well probably just me and a couple of others

Ta mate

The Bear

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
the Bear said:
Thanks U.T.
for all your hard work and for giving up your precious spare time to try and arrange OUR first meet, it has been appreciated, I'm sure I speak for...............................well probably just me and a couple of others

Ta mate

The Bear

Thank you for your appreciation Graham, good to know you speak for you and .....................

well you and those couple??This site was backing me and I am very appreciative of them for their support.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts