Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reversed my beloved KUGA into an armco barrier on sat. Needless To say I was in more bits than my rear bumper. Has anyone had rear parking sensors retro fitted?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi joe90

Sorry to hear about your crunch.

I have had parking sensors retro fitted at my dealers. Front and rear cost £400 although I have only had the rear ones done so far. (They did not have the parts for the front but have now and will fit them next week)

The rear ones have a display on the dash, about the size of my thumb,up against the windscreen. This comes on when I select reverse and starts to countdown from 1 1/2 metres. It also emits a beep starting intermittantly then becoming continuous as you get closer.

I have a picture but am unable to send it.

Hope this helps.

Shadow

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Shadow. Thanks, helps lot's. Had a feeling they would cost more than that retro fitted. She goes in on thursday for a new carpet (but thats a different story) and they are going to remove rear bumper to assess the damage, so I'll ask about sensors then. Cheers.

joe.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Sorry about that Joe

When people ask me about the Kuga... I find that about the only negative I can come up with is the visibility when reversing.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank's amser.

I know what you mean about rear visibility, looking through the rear window it's difficult to judge. I find I can judge the rear corners really well if using the door mirror's (comes from year's of building Coles cranes)but on this occasion did'nt use them.

P.S. looks like your going to be the first to light all your stars. I ain't going to race you, but I will certainly congratulate you when you do!

joe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts