Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, it's ordered.
This is the spec - it's Moondust Silver - and my questions...

Titanium.

Appearance pack.

Metallic.

18" alloys.

TitaniumX Pack - full leather, heated front seats, 6-way adjustment, panoramic rook. Bi-Xenon headlights, solar reflect windsheild.

Q - WHAT ARE THESE HEADLIGHTS? ALSO, ANY IDEA HOW I ADJUST THEM FOR FRANCE?

Q - WHAT IS THE WINDSHIELD ALL ABOUT?

Sony DAB radio/ CD with MP3 compatibility.

Q - WHAT DOES MP3 COMPATIBLE MEAN?

Q - WHAT'S THE VOICE CONTROL LIKE?

Q - IS THE DAB ANY GOOD?

Q - 8 SPEAKERS SOUNDS GREAT, IS IT?

Bluetooth phone with USB port.

Q - I PRESUME MY PHONE WILL SYNC WITH THIS, BUT WHAT IS THE USB PORT FOR?

Q - IT ALSO SAYS iPOD CONNECTIVITY, BUT I THOUGHT THAT WAS STANDARD, SO IS THIS SOMETHING DIFFERENT?

The dealer is throwing in valour mats (so they should!), but I need roof cross bars too.

Q - ARE THE MATS GOOD, OR MAYBE I SHOULD TAKE THE STANDARD ONES AND ASK FOR THE CROSS BARS FREE?

The car is being delivered Friday - Q - WHAT SHOULD I ASK THEM TO DEMO FOR ME, SPECIFICALLY?

Thanks in advance for your replies, roll on Friday!!!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Ask them to demo the self moving drivers seat. That's always fun

The headlight are great, don't worry too much about them, but they are just better than standard ones.

MP3 Comp allows you to put MP3's on a CD and play the CD in the car.

DAB is great.

iPOD Con allows you to change track, etc. on the iPOD. Standard one only allows the sound to come through the headunit.

The Kuga is a great car though. I'm sure you'll love it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Mmmm i agree with jsstevo, i have a 58 sea grey version with almost exactly the same spec as the one you describe..here goes..

1.The headlights are superb, not needed to use them overseas yet but i'm sure someone on here can tell you that i think you just push a button somewhere and the lights auto adjust for continental use!...magic. Some people on here have complained that they get flashed a lot at night even when on dipped lighting, (i have a few times) but i personally think this is just people being used to the light emitted from normal bulbs and because the HID bulbs are so much better they think you have high beam on !

2.The windshield does exactly what it says on the tin, along with the pana sun roof they have treatments that reflect a good deal of the heat from the sun's rays, keeping the interior of your Kuga nice and cool on the day we call summer. Some early gps systems have issues with struggling to find a signal through the windscreen?? I have a Tom Tom 730 unit and have had no such issues on the Kuga.

3.MP3 issues ...exactly as jsstevo said, quite useful if you have a computer because mp3 is a compression system so you can get loads more songs on a disc ... i mean loads!

4.The voice control unit now found on the Kuga is the generation 2 version and apparently excellent. I had this on my previous ST3 but it was the 1st gen one and although it worked it was not intuative , a bit gimmicky ( i can reach the climate control quicker than tell it to change). It is useful for phone use, my Kuga did not come with voice so i got the dealer to include a Parrot system with a colour screen on the a pillar...this company are the market leaders in these devices and i am not dissapointed with my unit.

5.I don't have DAB and personally would wait a few years for the infrastructure to improve the coverage, some people on here have complained that coverage is patchy in rural areas?

6. USB as previously described gives you functionality of your IPOD from the stalk on the steering wheel which is useful.

Regards Jase

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Really helpful replies, thanks v much.

I'm happy! The X pack is responsible for most of this, and I only took it as that was the only car they could get hold of quickly for me. £2k is a lot, but it sems you get a lot in return.
Time to buy an iPod I think!

·
Registered
855 Posts
Don't bother with an i-pod if you don't need one! Just copy your MP3 files onto an USB flash drive and play your music directly from it through the sterio.

Regards

TK

1 - 5 of 5 Posts