Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

101 - 114 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Spare wheel sits on top of 12v battery.
I ordered a spare wheel as I can't stand the foam option. It was a £100 option. No brainer.

There's no dedicated cover expect for boot lining obviously.

I haven't got mine yet but I had a look when test driving.
Thanks for that Elsig. I will get one also. As to the battery cover I only ask because there's a photo of the battery in the boot with a cover over it on Bristol street Motors' website advertising a new Kuga. Strange.

·
Registered
38 Posts

This is how it was in the car I test drove.
Not my image, stole it from Google search.

Maybe there is a cover with it but my dealer had removed it. Not sure. Others who have their Kugas delivered can shed some light on this.

·
Registered
32 Posts
View attachment 4210

Maybe there is a cover with it but my dealer had removed it. Not sure. Others who have their Kugas delivered can shed some light on this.
I have the spare wheel option. And that's how mine looks (just with a wheel on top). There's no cover over the battery

·
Registered
2020 Ford Kuga PHEV ST Line X first edition In Lucid Red
154 Posts
There is a steel cover over the top of the battery with a stud that goes through the centre of the spare wheel which a plastic wheel screws on to tighten the spare wheel .

It's not a totally enclosed bracket you can still access the pos and negative terminal

·
Registered
28 Posts
Spare wheel sits on top of 12v battery.
I ordered a spare wheel as I can't stand the foam option. It was a £100 option. No brainer.

There's no dedicated cover expect for boot lining obviously.

I haven't got mine yet but I had a look when test driving.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Yes picture with full cover is no spare wheel option ....spare wheel option has a partial metal cover with fixing stud for wheel

·
Registered
280 Posts
Would it not be a bit iffy without a cover. Don’t think it would be all that safe with the open terminals of a battery in the boot, especially for people who carry tools or lumps of metal about.

Reactions: kronkie1

·
Registered
154 Posts
Think the cover has been removed for whatever reason in picture..

·
Registered
Ford Kuga PHEV ST Line X 1st Edition
68 Posts
View attachment 4210

I have a PHEV with no spare tyre and I don’t have a cover on the battery....when the car goes in for the recall fixes I will ask for one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

101 - 114 of 114 Posts