Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,066 Posts
Yes RCDs trip at, normally 30mA well before you get a shock which wil do damage. You can buy individually RCD protected external sockets. I still have one despite the whole consumer unit (fuse board) being RCD protected.

·
Banned
1,569 Posts
Wet your finger and try on my RCD panel. I’d be interested in the results....awaiting your reply...smartperson?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just had a call from the garage to say that they have received a software fix from Ford Technical and will be testing it overnight to see what happens... wish me luck!
Any better after the update?

New models always have teething issues which is to be excpected.
Not being able to start the car because if battery drain is a major issue..

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Wet your finger and try on my RCD panel. I’d be interested in the results....awaiting your reply...smartperson?
I am pretty sure my daughter's house had a RCD fuse board. I got a shock one time as some numpty had wired the hall light from the upstairs circuit. I did turn the right circuit off. I always pull both circuits now or all circuits if sockets including cooker and shower as you never know if someone has taken a feed from them for a socket. My hair still stands on end.

Thanks for the offer but not a good idea to be sticking your fingers in your mouth since a certain country wanted to share their latest creation with the rest of the world.

·
Super Moderator
610 Posts
There should always be a single downstairs light wired on the upstairs lighting circuit, and one from the upstairs wired on the downstairs, so that it's safe to get from one place to the other when one of the circuits tripped... I've had two brand new houses like that, and had some electrical work done here where the sparky told ne that's what needed to be done under current regs...

·
Super Moderator
610 Posts
No, it's not the landing light it's a single pole switch on a single light fitting in a room...

·
Banned
1,569 Posts
Someone, not a long time ago, made a comment that you couldn’t get a real answer on here for BS and I think it was aimed at me......and now here’s a thread about RCD panels on a car forum and I didn’t start it....
Well I go to the foot of our stairs.....
All I want is a straight answer to a legitimate straight forward question and I get tripe, utter tripe.
I had an RCD panel fitted some years ago as I found with my fat fingers winding fuse wire through a ceramic insulated block in total darkness sometime of a real task, made me cuss a bit, those were the days.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
No, it's not the landing light it's a single pole switch on a single light fitting in a room...
Never had that in any house I have owned. Downstairs lights always been on downstairs circuit and the same with upstairs. I haven't owned a new house since 1999 and it still doesn't make sense especially when electrical regs used to say that all fuses had to be marked what they were for. Also what happens to safety in the event of a power cut or have they started putting emergency lighting in houses now.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Someone, not a long time ago, made a comment that you couldn’t get a real answer on here for BS and I think it was aimed at me......and now here’s a thread about RCD panels on a car forum and I didn’t start it....
Well I go to the foot of our stairs.....
All I want is a straight answer to a legitimate straight forward question and I get tripe, utter tripe.
I had an RCD panel fitted some years ago as I found with my fat fingers winding fuse wire through a ceramic insulated block in total darkness sometime of a real task, made me cuss a bit, those were the days.
RCD panels are going to be fitted to cars soon so when a fuse blows you can just flick the switch. It will save your fat fingers trying to grip the small plastic tweezers needed to extract the fuse which if you haven't grabbed the fuse properly, said tweezers catapult themselves into somewhere unreachable. On a Mokka it's usually behind the kick panel near the passenger door.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Sorry to have taken the thread away from the opening post but having seen a few posts on folk dabbling with leads for car charging though I would just try to ask them to stay safe. After having to attend numerous properties following electrical fires and electrocutions to prepare reports though it might be worth a mention.

·
Banned
1,569 Posts
Les, I was in no way having a go, I’m the king of “off topic”

Reactions: Les

·
Banned
1,569 Posts
Are there any new owners that have “ buyers regret”.

It’s a tough question but sometimes you know right away, you’ve boobooed
and other times doubts start to creep in when you get that saying “ my other car never did that”.
Most posts are positive but there’s a few that seem underwhelmed with it.

·
Banned
2020, mk3 Ford kuga
610 Posts
Are there any new owners that have “ buyers regret”.

It’s a tough question but sometimes you know right away, you’ve boobooed
and other times doubts start to creep in when you get that saying “ my other car never did that”.
Most posts are positive but there’s a few that seem underwhelmed with it.
You really hate people being happy with the new car? Sounds like a really bad case of jealousy :ROFLMAO:

I cannot help you, i found only minors so far, rest is pure love and more love, wish i bought it 3.5 years ago :)

·
Banned
1,569 Posts
Jealousy is for immature people.

I did say that it was a hard question and one that I have been there myself with a deffo big yes. VW Tiguan with a petrol engine !

Maybe it takes someone whose honest with themselves to admit such an error, other wise how can you move on.

Recognise the issue, sort it, move on.

People who think other people are jealous of what they have must have an awful ego to deal with. Lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you’re still undecided.. there are some great reviews of the Kuga on You Tube. Sadly because of lockdown many of the traditional sources have stopped doing reviews, but Petrol Ped has a great review and Cambs evs has posted several discussion videos, showing many of the key features. A pretty average review inn todays Sunday Times has met with quite a bizarre barrage of comments!
get a test drive - in these Clovid days, you get to have the care for a while on your own.
only complaint..when I got my test car there was zero electricity miles left! C’mon Ford..for every test drive make sure it’s fully charged up! 😳

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you’re still undecided.. there are some great reviews of the Kuga on You Tube. Sadly because of lockdown many of the traditional sources have stopped doing reviews, but Petrol Ped has a great review and Cambs evs has posted several discussion videos, showing many of the key features. A pretty average review inn todays Sunday Times has met with quite a bizarre barrage of comments!
get a test drive - in these Clovid days, you get to have the care for a while on your own.
only complaint..when I got my test car there was zero electricity miles left! C’mon Ford..for every test drive make sure it’s fully charged up! 😳
Test driving a PHEV without charge...wow,. That's pretty poor from the dealer. When I test drove mine I had it all afternoon. Took it home to show the family (make sure it looks good in the drive!).
Then took it back with zero sales pressure when I handed it back in. I signed the paperworkd a few days later.

Most of the youtube reviews i've seen have been favourable. Range seems to be on the money, adequate power for day to day driving (it never claimed to be anything else)..

My concern right now is teething issues with a new car. In particular the issue with the 12v battery draining ovenight!

Mine is due for delivery in september so hopefully sorted by then.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Whilst on subject, does anybody know if any charge points can use 3 phase electric?
Not many domestic houses have 3 phase I know, but some do. (not mine before you ask)

If you could use the 3 phase ability for charging the battery is it quicker?
Or does the EV market only cater for 1 phase charging?

21 - 40 of 66 Posts