Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the manual it states that it is possible to configure the remotes so that one click only unlocks the drivers door, and a second click opens the others, but does not tell you how to do this. Can anyone help?

Also, can the car be configured so that all the doors lock automatically once you are inside after 15 or 20 seconds as on the Freelander2 and american cars for example?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi Modeoman,
Here are the instructions to change to one door unlock;

1) Stand within remote range of your car

2) Hold down both the lock and unlock buttons SIMULTANEOUSLY for about 5 seconds.

The horn will chirp and lights will flash to signal that you have altered the setting. You can repeat this procedure to switch between "one press" mode and "two press" mode.

Re the auto-locking, I have found the following on an ST170 forum but have not tried on the Kuga (mine is in the Kuga hospital day to have the Gear Change Cables replaced in the hope it fixes an annoying rattle behind the dash).

1. Turn on ignition but don't start the engine

2. Lock the door bt pushing the door lock button on the Drivers side and then pull the door handle to open (repeat this operation 3 times)

3. Turn off the ingintion

4. Lock the door by poshing the door lock button on the Drivers side and then pull the door handle to open (repeat this operation 3 times)

5. Turn on the ignition but do not start the engine (a beep should be heard)

6. Lock the door by pushing the lock bitton and then reopen the door (another beep should be heard)

7. Start the Engine

Once you have completed the above, the doors will lock above 7kph. Once opened they remain open unless you stop and start the engine.

Let's see if this works for the Kuga...

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi, got the Kuga back last night without the rattle (I wonder if bad Gear Change cables are a known problem as they were very quick to diagnose).

I had already done the one click drivers door opening so know that works but tried the ST170 trick for auto-locking but it did not work

If I had of thought I should have asked the garage if they knew whether it is possible to set auto-lock

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My work last night confirms what you found! No problem setting one click but the auto-locking programming didn't work at all. I'll try researching this further!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I see the latest Transit van is sold with "auto locking on drive away" as a standard feature - I wonder how it is programmed or if only a dealer can activate/deactivate it? It might be the same for the Kuga.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Ialso read this about the one click opening in the manual as there has been a spate of car jackings in my area, where when when stopped at a light or junction some idiot would jump into the back seat of your car and hold you at knife point while forcing you to drive to a cash point. anyway i digress. I went back to my local ford dealer and they reprogrammed both keyfobs for me free of charge. it is worth asking

·
Registered
19 Posts
Quatroxquatro did you get the Ford USB retrofitted. If so could you tell me your dealer name or better still could you get me the part numbers. Dealers here in the UK and N. Ireland are about as much use as a chocolate fireguard with this one.

I have had so many leads in the laste wee while I pretty much know every Ford Audio lead

Cheers

Frustrated of Ireland

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
No, unfortunately, I didn't have any luck yet. The K has had a towbar fitted (to be removed and replaced with a Ford unit) and I'm still waiting to hear when theUSB is going to be available.

Not so easy to get the spec that was on the order actually on the car, huh?.

PS The dealer did say the auto lock feature is not available for the Kuga.
Edited by: quatroxquatro

·
Registered
227 Posts
Which towbar are you having removed quatro & why?

My dealer said that the Ford detatchable towbar was on back order so they went ahead and ordered in a Witter one, when I had made it clear that I only wanted the Ford one. Luckily I intersepted them before they fitted it... they are now sending the Witter one back and I'm going to wait for the Ford one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.