Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2019 St line edition automatic mk2
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a mk2 kuga (2019) around 12 months ago I had a software update and part of the update introduced on screen climate controls.
Ever since the update the on screen controls work for then opposite side of the car, passenger side controls driver side and vice-Versa.

Ford have had my car into the dealership no less than 6 times to attempt to fix the issue, even had video conference calls with a technical team in America and still they can’t fix the problem.

They are also telling me they have never seen this issue before and my car is a one off.

has anybody else had this issue and if so have they managed to rectify it?

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
7,253 Posts
Welcome to the forum @Sean goody - please have a read here and update your signature box with your car's details so which will save you having to say what you have for any future issues or questions. Welcome to the Forum, Please Read

This I a well known issue with sync 3 and am really surprised that your dealer isn't aware of it and have gone to great lengths to rectify something that can't be rectified. I will let our @andspenka explain further.

·
Administrator
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
2,015 Posts
Hi @Sean goody, welcome to the forum (y)

This whole thing is a total **** up by the Ford software engineers, anyone that tells you they've been on the phone to America and they don't know what's wrong is telling you a pack of lies. It's a very well known issue.

In the UK is reverses the driver/passenger sides, in the US it's not the same issue, over there it shows the air con being on when it's off and vice versa.

It has been removed from the screen in later software versions, which is the best thing for it as it's completely pointless anyway. Just use the heater controls instead.

FYI, there's new software released every 3 months so if you updated it 12 months ago, it's already quite out of date.

Reactions: smartguy69

·
Premium Member
Kuga ST Line X 1.5 Eco 180ps 6 Speed Auto AWD Magnetic
794 Posts
Hi @Sean goody and welcome to the forum. As @smartguy69 has said this is such a well known issue it seems ludicrous your dealer doesn’t know about it.
The reason it’s reversed is because it defaults to left hand drive hence why it’s reversed.
I believe they removed it from later builds for Europe.
What build spec and map version do have.

sorry Andrew our posts collided👍

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi @Sean goody, welcome to the forum (y)

This whole thing is a total **** up by the Ford software engineers, anyone that tells you they've been on the phone to America and they don't know what's wrong is telling you a pack of lies. It's a very well known issue.

In the UK is reverses the driver/passenger sides, in the US it's not the same issue, over there it shows the air con being on when it's off and vice versa.

It has been removed from the screen in later software versions, which is the best thing for it as it's completely pointless anyway. Just use the heater controls instead.

FYI, there's new software released every 3 months so if you updated it 12 months ago, it's already quite out of date.
Hi thanks for replying to me, the dealership have been installing the updates for me since the issue as a way to try and fix it.
Most recently they took my car in on the 8th of November and told me they were installing an update which removes the climate control option from the screen.
Then they brought the car back to me and told me it never worked and it’s still an option on the screen.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi @Sean goody and welcome to the forum. As @smartguy69 has said this is such a well known issue it seems ludicrous your dealer doesn’t know about it.
The reason it’s reversed is because it defaults to left hand drive hence why it’s reversed.
I believe they removed it from later builds for Europe.
What build spec and map version do have.

sorry Andrew our posts collided👍
Hey thanks for replying as you can see in my other reply Ford have tried removing it and installing the latest software updates but the problem is still there and they’re “acting” like they haven’t got a clue what to do next

·
Update Ninja
Vignale 2019, Platinum White
3,977 Posts
Hi thanks for replying to me, the dealership have been installing the updates for me since the issue as a way to try and fix it.
Most recently they took my car in on the 8th of November and told me they were installing an update which removes the climate control option from the screen.
Then they brought the car back to me and told me it never worked and it’s still an option on the screen.
Now why does that not surprise me!

Reactions: Fillco

·
Update Ninja
3,977 Posts
Hey thanks for replying as you can see in my other reply Ford have tried removing it and installing the latest software updates but the problem is still there and they’re “acting” like they haven’t got a clue what to do next
They're not acting like they haven't a clue…….its a fact, they haven't😉

·
Premium Member
Kuga ST Line X 1.5 Eco 180ps 6 Speed Auto AWD Magnetic
794 Posts
There is a very clever man on here who could help.
As I said which build spec and map version are you on. You can get the information from the screen.

·
Update Ninja
3,977 Posts
3.4.21265 is latest version of build with F10 maps

·
Registered
2017 ST-Line 1.5 TDCi manual
73 Posts
I have a mk2 kuga (2019) around 12 months ago I had a software update and part of the update introduced on screen climate controls.
Ever since the update the on screen controls work for then opposite side of the car, passenger side controls driver side and vice-Versa.

Ford have had my car into the dealership no less than 6 times to attempt to fix the issue, even had video conference calls with a technical team in America and still they can’t fix the problem.

They are also telling me they have never seen this issue before and my car is a one off.

has anybody else had this issue and if so have they managed to rectify it?
The kuga was never meant to have climate controls on sync 3. A specific sync 3 version introduced them by mistake, the next ones disabled it again. Of course you can also enable the climate controls via forscan. Bottom line, there will never be a fix for the inverted controls. Even the left hand side kuga has a bug with inverted recirculate button

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I’ve explained to Ford customer care that this is a well known issue despite them saying it isn’t. So I’ve actually sent them a link to this thread, maybe one of us can fix it better than Ford themselves can

·
Update Ninja
3,977 Posts
It can be fixed, but instead of using Marks n Sparks you need to go to Harrods😉

·
Administrator
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
2,015 Posts
Just to clarify when Ronnie says it can be fixed, he means removed. There is no fix available for the reversed controls. 😉

Reactions: RonnieM and NigelB
1 - 17 of 17 Posts