Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Kuga 2020 ST-Line X PHEV Agate Black. (DAP, WP, DCP).
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Though I repost this here.

If like me you decide to get the beast serviced before the 12,500 mileage interval, please note the 'Service Oil' message comes up on the display.

Ford do not reset this at the service, as they have to wait for it to come on.

Proceedure for reseting the message.

1. Turn on ignition but do not start the vehicle.

2. Depress the Brake pedal and accelarate to the floor.

3. Keep depressed for approx 20 seconds.

4. Message displays reset Service Oil Service.

5. Turn ignition off.

6. Turn ignition back on and system all reset.

I hope this is of some use.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im glad the infomation is of some use.
One big happy family working together and helping one another here, without going to the Blue Oval Empire and paying our pennies for advice.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
As I mentioned in another post about this topic, I cancelledtheOil Service warning using this method when I had the first (20K km) service carried out just before the recommended schedule. But when I crossed the threshold for the next scheduled service at (40K km), I did not see any warning that the service was due. So it might be that cancelling the warning once may disableit altogether, so then you will need to keep an eye on the odometer to make sure you don't skip a service interval required for warranty or contractual reasons.
Edited by: quatroxquatro

·
Registered
439 Posts
Mine has been on for weeks now, it was serviced at 10k so was expecting it at 11500.
Was going to go into dealer this week when back from few daysaway but will do that tomorrow,thank you for the info

WAZ

·
Registered
439 Posts
Done it no problem, Thanks. Won't have it long enough to service it again so next person can bother about the light not coming on at next service

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'd just like to thank Stupot for the oil reset procedure. I've just had my Kuga Titanium services at 12,250 miles and service light came on after a few days. I rang the garage, P J Nichols in Tewksbury (Gloucestershire) and they told me that sometimes the reset doesn't work so drop it in next time I was passing! I took that to mean they forgot. Have just done the rest so saved me a journey, thank you.

FYI service costs £170 and I tried to claim a years AA Assitance (see my earlier post on Ford Promotion). The locl Trading Standards guy is fighting my case so will report back shortly.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My 2nd Kuga was serviced on Friday, before the service light comes on, and Im expected to reset it this week.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts