Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I’m not one to understand the inner workings of a car, but I was looking for some guidance. I have. A 2011 MK1 Kuga Zetec TDCI 140.

I started to smell fumes when I was driving up the motorway and when i popped the bonnet and took off the engine cover noticed there was a lot of oil around the sparks. I had the seals replaced a few months ago but the problem is persisting. Any advice?

Michael
Automotive tire Font Motor vehicle Engineering Auto part

Brown Font Metal Art Fashion accessory

·
Registered
2013 Titanium X with 2017 Powershift Conversion.
2,233 Posts
Might be worth taking it back to where you had it repaired and let them have a look.

By seals I presume you mean the copper sealing washers under the injectors which is the usual suspect.

·
Premium Member
Kuga ST Line X 1.5 Eco 180ps 6 Speed Auto AWD Magnetic
2,173 Posts
Similar thread on here a few weeks ago from memory

·
Mr. Happy. “Sweet Cheeks”
Kuga 2ltr AWD Titanium X, Midnight Sky.
2,974 Posts
If it wasnt leaking before the work you had done I would deffoe take it back to who ever undertook the recent work you had done on it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi,
The injector seals were replaced and still have the same issue with oil deposits etc.

I’ve been told about possible crankcase breather? Not sure if this makes sense of could lead to something?

Any advise?

·
Super Moderator
5,890 Posts
I’m not sure where the crankcase breather is but if I recall, they can have a valve or filter in them.
If you could do the signature and include present mileage please 👍

·
Registered
2017 kuga 1.5 ST line
284 Posts
Start the car and have a listen around the injectors for a chuffing sound and also look for fume vapours. If you see or hear anything the seals have gone. I have repaired a lot of them even after a short time when other garages have done the job because they had not cut a new seat so the new copper washers will not seal and tend to leak again after a few hundred miles.

·
Administrator
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
3,407 Posts
Thread closed.

2 identical posts on the same topic.

Reactions: keithmac
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.