Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,my wife has a 61 plate 4WD Titanium x which has an oil leak where oil appears on the bottom of the gearbox and i suspect may be the crankshaft oil seal as i cannot see where it is from.Does anyone have any idea how big a job this may be and it looks time consuming.Thanks Dave.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Hi everyone,my wife has a 61 plate 4WD Titanium x which has an oil leak where oil appears on the bottom of the gearbox and i suspect may be the crankshaft oil seal as i cannot see where it is from.Does anyone have any idea how big a job this may be and it looks time consuming.Thanks Dave.
The Kuga workshop manual is on here:
KUGA mk1
should give you an idea of what is involved

·
Registered
59 Posts
My wife's Kuga has the exact same problem; leaking from the driver's side crankshaft seal. I took it to my local garage and (despite trying three times!) they were unable to even source the correct parts. There are two oil seals per shaft, an inner and an outer. At the moment I'm ignoring it until I get annoyed enough to look into it fully; if you do have a crack (or find somewhere to do so) I'd be very interested to hear!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will not be attempting it myself laying on the floor at this time of year.Someone had a quick look today on their ramp but was unable to pinpoint the leak.I am going to ring a local garage tomorrow and see what they can do for me.I did ask Stoneacre when i got my Focus RS service/mot done last week but they said £89.99 for a diagnostic.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts