Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Kuga 2019 st line 1.5 ecoboost
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2019 (registered 30.9.19) 1.5 ecoboost st line Kuga.
I bought the car last year with about 3500 miles on it. It was serviced (im guessing the 12500 mile service as it says 12.5 next to service on the receipt) when it back to ford from the first owner at 3500 miles on 30.6.20 before i bought it about 1 month later. I have the service receipt for it.
The car now has about 8500 miles on it and its started coming up with oil change required.
I am guessing this is the yearly oil change/service reminder as its coming up to a year since it was last done.

However the car has only done about 5000 miles since the last service (it says oil and filter was changed on receipt).

Do i need to change the oil again so soon?If so is it classed as a service and therefore is it worth getting a garage to do it to get the stamp in the book.
Or will it be ok for me to do it? I am an experienced DIY mechanic (i have changed engines etc in the past) so i can easily do this by buying a ford oil filter and using the recommended 5w 20.

I do want to keep the service book up to date as its a new car and also want to follow the manufacturers recommendations, however i cant remember seeing a stamp every year for a service on any car i have owned in the past...even company cars.

Does anyone know the service schedules for these?

Thanks in advance

·
Update Ninja
Vignale 2019, Platinum White
3,674 Posts
Im sure Service is every 12500k or 12 months, (someone will confirm), looks like your 12 months since last service is about up, regardless of mileage so service is due, similar to mine, however, im going to stretch mine out a little to bring it in line with date of registration which in your case would be in September, mines in December, but with date I bought it would be end of September, hope that makes sense.....you can reset the warning indication yourself
Ignition on, press accelerator and brake together and hold, after a few seconds you will get service reset notifications

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
6,331 Posts
Your car is in warranty until September 2022 and needs to be serviced in accordance with the servicing scheduling set by Ford for your car. Personally I wouldn't give Ford any excuse to decline any warranty work because the servicing hasn't been done in line with the manufacturer's recommendations. Any servicing work done in the warranty period should be done by a VAT registered garage using OEM parts.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As its still in warranty i think i will just take the hit and get it done at ford. Looks like its gonna be £225. Considering i could do the job myself for £7 (£7 for the ford filter and i get oil for free at work) , its a bit of a stinger. Think i found a £20 voucher which numbs it a bit.
I could wait till september but like you said, i dont want to give them any excuse to void the warranty.

·
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
3,446 Posts
Considering i could do the job myself for £7 (£7 for the ford filter and i get oil for free at work)
You need to use an oil that meets the correct Ford specification - see your owner's manual/ servicing record book. Gone are the days when you just go buy any old oil that's the correct viscosity.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You need to use an oil that meets the correct Ford specification - see your owner's manual/ servicing record book. Gone are the days when you just go buy any old oil that's the correct viscosity.
Yes ive looked up. Its 5w 20. I also have the receipt from the previous service ford did so can get the same.
Though this time i will get ford to do it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts