Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

I ordered my Kuga 3 weeks ago and I am waiting to get my hands on it in aproximately 2-3 weeks.
I havesome doughts if it is actually good off road and aboutit's true consumption.
I ordered the 4x4 titanium version.

Please help....

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi, I have never taken mine seriously off road, but a friend works for the Ford Training Centre in Daventry and they got some early models and the guys that brought them over from Germany took them off road and my friend was very impressed.

At the end of the day, Ford have never advertised the Kuga as a serious off-roader so bearing that in mind, the reports indicate that she doesn't disapoint, even with standard road tyres.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Belo, use the search function.
there are already a lot of topic about the fuel consumption.

I have driven 2300km now and it still uses around 8,2l/100km (34-37mpg).
Some people say it gets better in time, but I am driving it quite easy now because it is new and I know I will be accellerating and driving faster in the future, so I have my doubts and it even could get worse.

thank god i have a company fuel card
!!

Edited by: mouse1277

·
Registered
731 Posts
Hi Mouse,

The high fuel consumption, is that because it's AWD? My new Fiesta started at around 60 mpg but as dropped to 55mpg, it's mileage is 1,700. I hope it's economydoes improve with the mileage going up. The Kuga that is!!! Do you still love your Kuga?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Yep, I think AWD is one of the reasons: Makes the cars heavier and less economic.
It also "catches" a lot more wind than other cars I drove.
Besides that I also have a sporty driving style

Just read a 6 month endurance test in Top Gear Magazine where they drove a 2 litre diesel Opel Antara (Vauxhall Antara) and the average fuel consumption was 10l/100km (29mpg).

·
Registered
10 Posts
mine does 37 about town and I have had 42 on a run to devon and back cruising at around 75. I have clcked up 3750 miles so far brought the Kuga in October

·
Registered
12 Posts
Mine (Titanium) has now done just over 8000 miles. I drive 70 miles to work each day (and 70 miles home!) down the M4.
I am getting just over 39 mpg doing around 75 mph average. I have tried going slower - it makes no difference. I would love to know how one achieves this 52 mpg extra urban they claim! At least with my Renault Scenic I got what they claimed based on their extra urban mpg!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
From what I ve heard and read propably the average consuption is around 36-39mpg. Not bad but I would prefer the Ford's figures. Thank youall, for your help.I can't wait to receive my own KUGY and have new results....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts