Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all when i joined one of my first posts was about a code reader and many kind people replied . My question is this , what is the difference ( apart from price! ) between the green version and the black version of the obd mx link bluetooth devices ? Also if i purchase one or other one or other id also like to buy the cable which allows me to interface with my motorcycle ( its a bmw ) do any of you know wether or not the cable works with either ? Cheers in advance Martin.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
I have done quite a bit of research and as the owner of an ELM 327 and VXDIAG I have listened to some of the other guys and decided to go for this. I think I had some good words about the ELM but not happy using it on the Kuga following some trials last week and I think my VXDIAG has died.

OBDlink EX

You can buy it from Amazon or direct from the UK distributor for a tenner less.

Gendan also do motorcycle diagnostic equipment so perhaps ask them. I did have it confirmed from OBDlink in the US that Gendan are their people in the UK to buy from.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Smartguy can i ask you did you consider the bluetooth way forward? I was just wanting to know more about the comparison of the green coloured version compared to the dearer black version? From some of the reading im doing its feasible to leave it in place in the port.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Hi Smartguy can i ask you did you consider the bluetooth way forward? I was just wanting to know more about the comparison of the green coloured version compared to the dearer black version? From some of the reading im doing its feasible to leave it in place in the port.
No I didn't consider it. Even if it was the same price I wouldn't have considered it as I don't like the idea of "wireless" connection dropping out whilst writing to the BCM. Murcod has the Bluetooth one but for me I would rather have it plugged into my laptop.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A fair and valid point ....I think what i am going to do is wait and see if there are any deals to be had on Amazon on their prime day sales which is coming up shortly, thanks for the input.

·
2,894 Posts
There's a wifi version of the MX- is that the difference?

Don't be put off by it being a Bluetooth device- plenty of people on Ford forums use and recommend it. I didn't like the idea either but now I'm a convert.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts