Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

We have purchased the Kuga Titanium and one of our options we chose was the DVD navigation system with camera. Prior to making the purchase I noted in the Kuga brochure that the there were two DVD Navigation systems available standard and premium that had a camera (the premium came with Eight Premium speakers as opposed to the standard six, but no information on what was being defined as ""˜premium' speakers).
However when making the purchase at the dealers the print out and option selection just stated DVD Navigation System with Camera (nothing stating premium or standard). So I asked and the dealer but he was not aware of a standard version vs. premium nor was he aware that there was an option that came with eight speakers, he said the DVD Navigation system with previous Titanium sales came with six speakers only. I assumed that the Premium choice was the option that came with camera and additional speakers.
I want to know:
· Is there a difference in DVD Navigation system audio choices?
· If so depending on choice how many speakers does the DVD Navigation system come with ""“ six or eight?
· Is there any specification available on the DVD Navigation system (who makes it, speaker specifications, how the speakers are distributed etc?).
Our car arrives second week of August but this question with our dealer has been going on for the last 6 weeks and he told us today he could not obtain any information except that the Titanium DVD Navigation system comes with six speakers and a camera, no premium or standard option regarding audio availability - Ford just provided one option regarding speakers, their standard installation.

·
Registered
156 Posts
<a href="http://www.monaghanbros.co.uk/newmodels/Kuga%20Brochure.pdf" target="_blank">

www.monaghanbros.co.uk/newmodels/Kuga%20Brochure.pdf</A>

Hello Alexanderson
Fraid I do not know the answer. I could only scrape enough cash to get a basic titanium.

BUT. There was a fair bit of info in the catalogue (at showroom - and used to be online)

I have just looked online and it appears they have produced a new catalogue. You can download this new version from the above website (and no-doubt other places). You will probably find that the KUGA has been revamped and excludes - pull down trays on the back of front seats - panoramic roof - (as discussed in other threads in this forum) -and I guess 8 speaker navigation systems.

the new catalogue is only 7 pages - the old one was about 15 pages.

I suspect your dealer DOES know of what you ask, but the easy way out is for him to act stum.

Note! if you want a copy of old catalogue I can email it to you if send me a private message with your email address. To do that click on my DIGGER name at top of my post, and select private message from the menu. I suspect you'll only get what is in the new catalogue though. SIGN OF THE INCREASINGLY DIFFICULT TIMES.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Hi Alexanderson,

If you look on the Ford Website (see link), both are still listed as options. The 6 speaker one is only available on the Zetec at £600 andthe 8premium speaker version is available on both models at £1500 (Zetec) and £1000 (Titanium). As you've ordered a Titanium you must be getting the 8 speaker version.

http://www.ford.co.uk/Cars/Kuga/Featuresandspecifications

Hope that helps.

Best.

TK

·
Registered
855 Posts
Just looked at the new brochure and noticed some RHD models shown with the handbrake on the left side of the transmission tunnel. Has anyone got a handbrake in this position (mines on the right) and if so when did it change?

Just curious.

TK

1 - 6 of 6 Posts