Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.
Ive owned my current Mk1 Titanium 136 AWD from new. Now 10 years and 116k miles old and still going strong.
Looking for a more recent car, top spec AWD 2litre 180 with as low mileage as possible. Would like a Mk11 facelift but a Mk11 non facelift would be ok if it’s fully loaded.
Dont want to pay more than £17 to 20k hence the year choice.
Every time I source one it’s either very high miles or reserved.
Hoping someone has been offered rubbish partex so we can do each other a favour.
Please contact if you’re thinking of changing in the next few weeks.
tia

·
Registered
Kuga 2020 ST-Line X PHEV Agate Black. (DAP, WP, DCP).
1,024 Posts
This is at a Ford Dealer where I have purchase 2 Kugas and a Fiesta, highly recommendable. Look like an old Ford Direct car, hence its fully loaded.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. I’ll have a goo£ look. Car looks spot on but it might be a bit too far. I’ll speak to them.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you.
Ive purchased a 2016. 11k miles. Titanium X Sport.
More bits than you can shake a stick at. Bought it from a dealer in the end but the car I wanted ( auto and AWD) was a bit like searching for rocking horse muck. ?

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
9,625 Posts
Thank you.
Ive purchased a 2016. 11k miles. Titanium X Sport.
More bits than you can shake a stick at. Bought it from a dealer in the end but the car I wanted ( auto and AWD) was a bit like searching for rocking horse muck. ?
Is it auto or manual.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Auto.
I found a couple of manuals but Auto were extremely hard to come by. Been searching over a month.

·
9,625 Posts
Auto.
I found a couple of manuals but Auto were extremely hard to come by. Been searching over a month.
No worries. Just wanted to leave a reminder about the oil change with the auto box at 3 years. I know the car you bought has only done 11k but that would suggest more short journeys as opposed to periodic longer journeys so automatic oil should still have been done last year.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No worries. Just wanted to leave a reminder about the oil change with the auto box at 3 years. I know the car you bought has only done 11k but that would suggest more short journeys as opposed to periodic longer journeys so automatic oil should still have been done last year.
Thank you.
It is being serviced prior to my collecting it next week so I’ll contact the dealer. Do you happen to have a schedule of servicing? I’ve got loads of info for my Mk1 but not much for my Mk2.
TIA

·
9,625 Posts
Thank you.
It is being serviced prior to my collecting it next week so I’ll contact the dealer. Do you happen to have a schedule of servicing? I’ve got loads of info for my Mk1 but not much for my Mk2.
TIA
It's hard to say about servicing as it appears ford have changed it on some models. Mine is 12 months or 12,500 miles. I only do about 5k a year so it's 12 months for me. Even if it's 18 or 24 months I would still be doing it once a year. My last car was a Mazda 6 which was designed to drop diesel in the sump on dpf regeneration. Not a very clever idea so oil changes were determined by the rising level on the dipstick. Dropping nearly 7 litres out of a 4.2 litre sump can be fun if your drain tub only holds 6 litres lol. I used to think that dropping all that diesel in the sump would be degrading the oil but that car is still running today with well over 100k on the clock.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.