Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to let you know that there is a non-slip boot mat available from Lidl at the moment for only £2.99

Here is the item :

The size is 90x120 and it fits well into the Kuga boot area. It can be cut to size but I've folded mine under the main luggage compartment mat. It works well and stops things sliding around. Pic of it in the car here.

The item first went on sale on 20th Jan, so it's not part of the Lidl Weekly specials now and stock may be limited.

They do have a few available at Lidl in Parc Tawe, Swansea.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I bought this one on ebay:http://cgi.ebay.de/Passform-Kofferraumwanne-Ford-Kuga-4x4-5trg-6-2008_W0QQitemZ360134380558QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutoteile_Zubeh%C3%B6r?hash=item360134380558&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318.

it is a little more expensive but it fits as a glove (specially made for the Kuga) but it is a lot cheaper than an orgininal one.
I am a big mountainbike fan and sometime it is dirty as **** when i put in in the back of the Kuga but with this it is okay!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey mouse you've raised a good point here.
I was wondering how to carry bikes, because in the manual it says not too fit a bike rack to the tailgate. So how do you fit the bike in or on the car? If in the rear seats down I presume?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
The upper tailgate and window frameis made from plastic, so will not be strong enough to clip a bike carrier too.

I have a tow hook, and use a bike carrier that sits on that. Otherwise, use the roof, with cross rails and a bike carrier.

·
Registered
295 Posts
KugaRugby said:
So how do you fit the bike in or on the car? If in the rear seats down I presume?
In the car: In the rear with the seats down ofcourse.
On the car: I use a Thule ProRide 591 roof carrier.

I don't have a draw hook otherwise this is another option in combination with a bike carrier (like f.i. a Twinny Load).

Edited by: mouse1277

·
Registered
260 Posts
I'm a keen MTB'er too, and also have a 12' sea kayak. Will have my bikes riding on the 591's too Mouse, great rack's and also got ford discount on them so even better then.
Just need to get my self some roof bars now.

Thesehttp://www.tredz.co.uk/.Thule-InDoor-Inner-Roof-Rack_3079.htm might be able to fit inside the kuga OK and carry your bikes? As they go in the Smax and Galaxy just fine, and also cheaper through Ford. Finis# 1417550

P.S I am selling a roof rack and anti slip mat for a focus if anyone is interested

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey dai

I was in Days Plasmarl yesterday picking up some rubber mats. Realised I needed them after a day at the beach with my son cos there's nothing worse than sand in your fabric mats. The rubber mats are very good quality - very thick with a nice rim around the outside to stop any liquid from running onto the carpet. I paid about £21 for all 4 after employee discount.

Anyway, the reason for this post is that Days had a leaflet there with an offer of 10% off a lot of accessories. Roof bars for the Kugawere in there too for £81 with the discount, but don't know what they'd be with employee discount too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts