Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some time ago wee al wrote that he was unhappy with his Kuga, one of the reasons was that the front wheel bearings were replaced. Has anyone else had this done?

I'm pretty sure that before my summer trek (almost 5000 km in a week) there was no noticeable noise from the wheels. But during myjourney I started to notice a low pitch rumble that increases with speed, up until about 50 km/h when it is masked by other noises. It may be the tyres of course, but they look OK to me. My July 2008 Kuga now has 32000Km on the odometer, so is due for a service at 40K,and I will get Ford to take a look.

It would be handy to know if wee al is the only member that has had this issue

Thankx,

qxq

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Hi quatroquatro, makes you think Ford's attempt at a 2008AWD and problems such as these are beginning to give concern, fingers firmly crossed, they don't.Just hope that the wheel bearings fitted to the Kuga are not ones fitted straight from the parts bin of a more sedentary Ford and that they are, "up to the job"and that Ford's engineershavenot adopted the "less is more in profits" approach when testing/developing and manufacturing these parts. quatroquatro, Hope nothing sinister isdiscovered during the service. Good Luck.

·
Registered
855 Posts
I had this low thumping noise, getting worse and worse, from the right rear wheel on a recent return from Scorland It sounded like wheel bearings ro me, but my dealer diagnosed a 'loose hub nut'which they tightened and all is OK again now. I wonder if this could be a similar problem to yours. Car has done ~13000km/8000miles

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice, I'm going to check!

I will probably rotate the wheels on the car later, too, just to see if there is a tyre that is the cause.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I have exactly the same noise from my right front wheel but only at very low speed (below 10km/hour.The noise first noticed when I had about 500km on the tach and it's there till now at 2.100km.It's only heard when the wheels are turned left or right.I thought it could be from the brake disks till now I read your post quatroxquatro.It's clear it comes from wheel bearings though?
Nick.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
33.5K Km and it's getting worse,
so I'm not going to wait for the 40K service and instead get it booked in for a check and hope that the bearings are in stock!

qxq.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts