Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a couple of cooler mornings recently, my Kuga (2.0TDCI Titanium AWD) has been very noisy. As well as the usual engine noise, there has been a sound which I can only describe as a loud twittering. The nearest I have heard is a knackered fridge or air conditioner.

Took it to the garage, computer says 'no' [problem] so safe to drive a long journey on Monday. But today I noticed that as I pulled off the drive, the 'twitter' was stronger as the steering wheel was turned, so it may be an issue connected with the power steering. It subsides very quickly as the engine gets going.

Also have a 'crack' noise when going over certain kinds of bumps. Rear nearside.

Also have a hum from the dashboard (garage has a part on order for this one)

Creaking doors and squeaking back seat now cured.

Sometimes wish I'd bought a Qashqai.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Might be a drive belt loose on the power steering pump, is the steering wheel on full lock when you head the noise?

·
Registered
115 Posts
On colder mornings dampness on rubber drive belts sometimes cause a squealing noise which stops as the belt warms up. Power steering pumps usually have these belts. Sometimes a slightly loose belt is the cause but the dealer should be able to easily spot that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts