Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Ford Kuga Vignale PHEV Chrome Blue
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed that the rear brakes are quite noisy when gently braking a slow speed. I had a look at the rear discs and noticed that the rear offside disk has three wear marks which can be felt when you rub your fingers across it. The opposite side (NSR) is smooth as a babies bum. Is this normal, e.g. to do with the regen function? The mileage is just over 1600 miles.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood

·
Registered
Kuga 2021 stline X 1.5 petrol + tech pack
92 Posts
My 15 month old 5000 miler rear discs are rusting to an extent they would get an mot advisory.
Must book it in to be checked. Also anyone had a creaking clutch pedal? intermittent , noisy and annoying

·
Super Moderator
6,976 Posts
Those lines dont look like trapped stones. I wonder if there is some large sintered material in the pads

·
Mr Modification
Ford Kuga MK2 16/12/2014 Titanium X Sport AWD 2.0TDCI 182HP 400Nm (T8MA) MMT6
1,197 Posts
Yours cars are driven too gently, in that condition rear brakes haven't got much to do. Once a week few strong pulls and breaks and it will be (y)
Now this disc looks like the pads is seized in caliper and it need a good clean / lubricate and reassembly...

Reactions: Gregs24

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Yours cars are driven too gently, in that condition rear brakes haven't got much to do. Once a week few strong pulls and breaks and it will be (y)
Now this disc looks like the pads is seized in caliper and it need a good clean / lubricate and reassembly...
Exactly this. made even worse on PHEV's and EV's which use regenerative braking as well, the rear discs do virtually nothing. Not surprising to see drums being fitted to the rear of some EV's now.

·
Registered
Kuga 2021 stline X 1.5 petrol + tech pack
92 Posts
Mine is 1.5 petrol, no ev, The rust pitting of the discs is too deep to clean with braking alone unlike previous vehicles I’ve owned. All I can assume is the grade of steel used in these discs is different.
Hard driving every day would probably avoid this along with Garaging but never been necessary on previous vehicles.
Ford previously used the very best quality components in their bake systems, I wonder if this has changed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts