Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i am in the process of buying a Kuga. I have read a lot of reviews at the net. Everybody loves it. But out of the 15 reviews i've read 3 are complaing at wind and tire noise at higher speeds.

And i kind of agree. The noise is about equal of my 2000 Land Rover Discovery, but noiser than my Saab 9-5. I find it OK anyway so i am buying it.

But my question is. One factor is of course the tires. Which one should i order? Are there more factors?

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have a Std. Kuga Zetec and I personally do not find the Wind or Tyre Noice intrusive at all. I was in a colleagues X-Trail yesterday and the road noise was so loud I kept looking for where the Lorry was... Aslo the Kuga Engine sounds sweet compared to the X-Trail.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Definitely not a noisy car, especially wind noise is not intrusive at 'normal' motorway speeds. In Spain, as I commented in earlier threads, the Kuga 18 inch wheels came with Goodyear Excellence 235/50 18's, a road tyre. They are very quiet, I only notice them on the roughest sections of motorway, and any tyre would be noisy. They also make the car super-smooth on the curves and I am very happy with them. I plan to get a set of winter tyres later this year though, and swap them back when the wintersport season is finished.

Cheers.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have 18" alloys fitted. Today I have driven 200 miles on the motorway, the first long run since getting the Kuga.I have to say the car is far quieter than the Mazda 6 I just replaced. I kept to 70 mph but no wind or road noise to speak of.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm on the 17 inch conti contact 4x4 tyres (Mud & Snow), having previously driven a saab 9-5 estate which latterly had goodyear excellence tyres fitted.

It is slightly more noisy at speed that the saab with the excellence tyres, but after a week I don't notice it. I wouldn't worry about the noise.

The conti contact 4x4 M&S tyres are not full off road ones, they are designed for 90% on road use and 10% off. They are also all year round ones and don't have the mountain / snowflake symbol that full winter tyres have.

Conti have them on their website here,
http://www.conti-online.com/generat.../conti_four_x_four_contact/4x4contact_en.html

For me in rural cumbria they are ideal, no complaints.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.