Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I just got my new Kuga last weekend - but we've realised that the white plastic turn-key child locks on the back doors don't work - regardless of how they're turned. I have electric child locks (which does work) but I wanted a permanent solution so I wouldn't be at risk of forgetting to apply the lock each time I get in the car with my daughter.
I took it back to the dealership today and although they confirmed I was attempting it correctly, they also couldn't get the manual child lock to work on either door. They tried it on another Kuga in the showroom and the same issue occurred. I was sent away saying that they are essentially defunct and that they wouldn't work on models that have the electric locks
Does this sound like a fault? I would have thought that the ability to manually lock would be available on all models/packs. If this is the case, is there a way to semi-permanently apply electric locks so the onus isn't on the driver each time to press the button to apply?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2021 S/Silver Vignale 225 FWD PHEV
147 Posts
I have electric ones on my Mk 2.5.
They keep the last setting on restart.
Is that not so on the MK. 3?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I does, thanks very much! I could have sworn the first time I tried it, it didn't 'save' the lock, but I've just doubled checked and you're right.

·
Registered
2020 ‘70 plate ST-Line X PHEV 1st Edition - assuming it ever arrives!
33 Posts
I does, thanks very much! I could have sworn the first time I tried it, it didn't 'save' the lock, but I've just doubled checked and you're right.
That’s a relief with small children on board 👍

·
Registered
2021 S/Silver Vignale 225 FWD PHEV
147 Posts
One of the main reasons I stuck with Kugas. Not many brands do electronic child locks.
I'm constantly having people, young and old, in and out my car and its just easier to flick a switch than the manual method.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts