Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, just checking whether this is a fault or whether the Kuga (Zetec)includes a low level washer reservoir warning.

OK I know I shoud check and top it up regularly, butall my previous 3 Mondeo models included a warning and I got used to it and liked it.

Does anyone esle get a warning of low washer levels?

If not it is a bit short sighted and I would much rather have had the washer level warning than those pointless LED's in the courtessy light module that shine orange light onto the gear lever....

·
Registered
43 Posts
I get a message on my Titanium's display telling me that my washer fluid is low. Pops up every time the ignition is turned on and at what appears to be random intervals. Reservoir runs out sooner that I would like but that's probably due to the headlight sprays.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I don't have it - had to make an emergency Asda trip on my highlands trip as was driving through tiny clear patch on the - Ace Ventura style. Is it standard or only on later builds? How old are yours? Mine's a July build I think that I picked up in September.....

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi, my Zetec was launch week. Nothing in the hand book about the warning and no warning lamp on turning on the ignition so I guess I don't have it ;-(((

I now keep an emergency mineral water botle with washer fluid in the boot for emergencies...

·
Registered
108 Posts
my freddie has it... it was one of the first to be built and its a zetec... i thought the bottle was massive- its taken me ages to run it out let alone fill it back up... hose pipe next time!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Raptor said:
Hi, my Zetec was launch week. Nothing in the hand book about the warning and no warning lamp on turning on the ignition so I guess I don't have it ;-(((

I now keep an emergency mineral water botle with washer fluid in the boot for emergencies...

I have the warning on my titanium but it's not an individual light that comes on, so you wouldn't know by looking at what lights come on when you turn the ignition on.
<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
The warning is built into the on board computer display, a little orange ""i""� will come on and a brief message like ""washer reservoir is low""�, and its very brief as all I kept seeing was this orange ""i""� which made me think that there was something major that was wrong. When the orange ""i""� comes on and you miss the message you have to go through the computer selection to messages to see what it is.

·
Registered
119 Posts
My titanium has no warning of low washer level. I suspect it may only be on cars fitted with zenon lights.

·
Registered
51 Posts
My titanium has no warning of low washer level either - but then I wouldn't of known where to look!!!! (I'm not blonde!). Will make a note to watch out for it!

CL

·
Registered
113 Posts
applematt said:
empty the tank out and see if the warning light comes on.... next time my one comes on i'll take a pic..
OK, emptied it out, and no light. I went to my helpful Ford dealer this morning who scratched their heads and then offered to take the car apart to see if there is a sensor attached to the bottle. At my cost of course.....

I do not have Xenons so maybe we're on to something there.....

Kinda makes sense....
Edited by: Wildyce

·
Registered
106 Posts
ive just taken my kuga in for the same reason...no warning of empty washer bottle....they also tried to charge me for the work...but as i pointed out to them in the hand book say warning is displayed so it is a warranty problem so i will not be charged for the work...i will keep everyone updated on what they find and how they are going to resolve the problem

·
Registered
106 Posts
hello matey...no i dont have xenons....but it doesnt say anything about having them in the hand book....and the dealership contacted ford and they did say anything about it either....

·
Registered
446 Posts
I have xenons fitted and Mywarning light comes on and then goes off no problems when I fill up.

I too had a gander to see if the Aux heater wasthere to no avail and it didn't say in the manual that you had to live in the Artic before you get one.

To all with 7" Sat Nav is there a way of changingthe sat nav distance reading from Km to Miles as I have been able to do the Celicus thing but this does not change the sat nav reading?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts