Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2016/ 65 plate 2ltr tdci 150 bhp for a few weeks we had 3 issues where the car wouldn’t start, it made the noise as if it was going to start but just wouldn’t fire up, got the brake down out and they just jump started the car off and away we went , so Christmas week we took it to Halfords and had a new battery fitted, a battery suitable for a stop/start engine ......anyway yesterday at 4 am I went to get in the car for work and the fob wouldn’t unlock the car so I had to take the key out of the fob and open it manually only realising that when I opened the car door manually they was no lights on the dash or no interior lights and obviously the car wouldn’t start it was completely dead, I went back to it half an hour later and everything worked as it should and I drove to work and back no issues....today I have been to work in the car and come home and only 10 mins after I parked the car up I went back to it to empty the boot and again the same thing happened....absolutely nothing......I stayed with the car and after a few minutes the car unlocked so I stayed with the car and started the engine and “sync” flashed across the screen.......sorry for the long post but I’m female and the hubby will tell you I never know when to shut up 😂😂😂.....any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Get a good auto electrician on the case.

My first guess would be a loose or corroded main earth strap or a fault in the body control module.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
There's a Battery Monitoring System that should be reset when a new battery is fitted. I'm guessing that wasn't done?

The BMS sensor is on the negative battery terminal and it commonly suffers corrosion and then weird electrical faults can occur.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts