Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I've just purchased a 63 plate Kuga Titanium X, I'm trying to get DAB radio working. It has Sync 1. When I select either DAB 1 or DAB 2 and select List no stations are appearing to choose. I thought this could be a regional thing but have tried in other areas. I tried a Sync master reset but still nothing.

Can anyone advise if there is anything else I can try.

Many thanks

Jim...

·
Enjoying the VIN-YA-LEE
2,625 Posts
I have a 67 plate Vignale and the DAB is not very good and I don’t use it.
It’s one pet hate of mine, but let’s not go there.
I guess you have tried the manual search buttons to dry and drop on a station.
I’m sure one of the radio/dab folks will be along soon to help out.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 67 plate Vignale and the DAB is not very good and I don’t use it.
It’s one pet hate of mine, but let’s not go there.
I guess you have tried the manual search buttons to dry and drop on a station.
I’m sure one of the radio/dab folks will be along soon to help out.
Hi yeah tried the manual search to no avail. Ok will wait to see. Thanks for the feedback, also have an S Max and DAB is fine in that, so at least I know there are signals.

·
Enjoying the VIN-YA-LEE
2,625 Posts
Ok.
I’m sure I recall that the rear window element is is used as Ariel. ?

There’s @filco who is the one that can deffo help you out.

·
Enjoying the VIN-YA-LEE
2,625 Posts
If you to the “search community” bar at the top of the page and type in “dab” you will see you are not alone in the universe of DAB mythology.

·
Super Moderator
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
1,633 Posts
Hi @Jimuk69, welcome to the forum.

First question would be, do you have a Dashcam? They have been known to affect DAB signal.

·
Super Moderator and Mr Uses Lots of Words
5,387 Posts
@Jimuk69 - when you get chance can you update your signature with your cars details which will save you having to type it in each time you post. Details here.

It took me ages to find any DAB stations on my sync 1. It's a while ago now but if I remember correctly I had to search each block manually before it found anything.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi...
I had issue with the battery going flat, new battery, still went flat, thought it was alternator. Turned out to be an earthing strap. Now that's all sorted DAB stations have now appeared. Woo hoo!

·
Enjoying the VIN-YA-LEE
2,625 Posts
Isn’t that a few times now that the gearbox Earth strap has been a culprit for incidents. ?

·
Super Moderator and Mr Uses Lots of Words
5,387 Posts
Isn’t that a few times now that the gearbox Earth strap has been a culprit for incidents. ?
In this scenario it would seem that if you have an issue with DAB, replace the gearbox earth strap !! Doesn't really make sense but worth noting the flat battery / non starting could be the earth strap.

·
3,277 Posts
I'm not sure. I've definitely seen at least two cases of a BCM earth coming loose, that's located in the wheel well behind the plastic liner.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts