Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does everyone elses dealer offer a courtesy vehicle in the unfortunate circumstance that your Kuga has been in for a fault?
Mine came with a fault in the paint, and when it went in, I got the dealers (Essex Ford, Dunton) demo Kuga which is the same as mine even down to the colour - no drama. I thought it odd that I got that rather than a clapped out Ka but put it down to them looking after a customer of a less than week old vehicle - all was well.

Since then the car has "sprung a squeak" from the back somewhere (could be door seals going on some other posts) and also I have worked out that the nice yellow light on the dash that was there when I collected the car actually means the ESP has a fault! (notch up another point pleasefor thePDI man who is supposed to have checked the vehicle) - I must admit I only check the handbook when something changes from the norm - an issue of working in IT....

Took it in today for acheck - mechanic on test drive very good and hears the squeak in 100 yards which was a relief, and decidedthe carneeds to get hooked up to laptop for the ESP issue, so they'll need it for a day.

Go back to the service desk to book it in and the best they can offer me is a paid for hire car - now it wasn't expensive, but out of principle I declined - £24k worth of car, 24 days old, and 2 days in the garage - not impressed. No offer of a courtesy car as they don't have a fleet and you can only get one if the car is "technically off the road".

To my mind it'll be very "technically" (sic) off the road when it's plugged into their laptop!

Anyone elses Ford dealers spinning the same line? I just assumed car dealers had cars to give out when your one has a fault - silly me.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep - exactly that!

Have sent a rather snotty email to my salesman - just had a call back and he claims he is trying to sort something out. I just can't believe it - even Nissan who were an absolute joke when it came to service would send you out in a Micra (never with any hubcaps...) when they needed the car. I can understand if it's a standard service, but for faults - come on!
The tech this morning also let on that any squeaks, rattles etc should be sorted in year 1 otherwise they won't look at them. Also the A/C is the same apparently.

·
Registered
102 Posts
thats terrible. If its a manufacturer's fault, they ought to supply you a car. Hopefully they can sort you one out or sounds like a call to Ford customer service if not.

Amazing how garages vary. My wife's mini is fully cleaned inside and out every time it goes to the dealer, even if its for something smal

·
Registered
61 Posts
note that with some dealers what you have to pay for is the insurance on the car, not the car itself.

Is that was has happened in this case? How much were they trying to charge you out of interest?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts