Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Is it new, or preloved?

Like you, I’d assume the modem was now standard based on the features offered up by the car/Sync.

Looks to me like the Modem is missing, not recognised or not enabled. Probably one for the dealer I’m afraid!

The Emergency call thing is probably related, as it’d make use of the modem/sim/phone capabilities I’d assume.

Reactions: davidoff

·
Registered
351 Posts
A quick Google for ‘Ford ESN missing’, seems to suggest a faulty/missing modem 😩

Some suggestions such as pulling the fuse/disconnecting the battery to ‘reset’ mate help. But being honest, my gut would be faulty/missing. And if new, I’d just go the dealer route. A real shame/ballache, but hopefully you get sorted quickly!

Reactions: davidoff

·
Registered
351 Posts
Be interesting to hear the outcome. My unit was clearly tested as I had Spanish journeys & addresses (of the factory/compound) stored in my FordPass when it arrived as new.

Im wondering if your modem has simply failed, or maybe even come loose or, is demand so high that it just got missed/not tested.

it’s annoying for sure, but these things happen, and how you’re treated now plays a large part in the over all customer satisfaction/experience.

Reactions: NigelB
1 - 3 of 3 Posts