Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Ford Kuga Mk3 1.5 EcoBlue 120 PS 8 Speed Automatic ST-Line X Editon. ecs as at 5 Oct
10 Posts
Ref Ford Pass. Mine was working fine and I was receiving info on my journeys, eg, distance, braking etc., then I was informed they were "improving it", and that particular facility was never to be seen again. For the last two days, I have been unable to activate Ford Pass. I also asked a well known motoring site about the legality of remotely starting the car using Ford Pass and leaving it running for the maximum of thirty minutes. It took two weeks and three hasteners to inform me, by email, that it is only legal if the car is parked on private land such as one's driveway. My question did not appear on the readers' question section of the website and it leaves me with the question, why not? I believe other cars are using this now so perhaps it's a good selling point but one which they don't want too many folk to know about especially given the present climate fears.
I also tried updating the satnav by using an Apple MacBook Air. I informed the software folk that it was unsuccessful and they said to use a PC, which I did, and it still didn't work. I am fortunate to be able to download using my house wi-fi but my neighbour tried the PC method and using my wi-fi, but was unsuccessful. That particular aspect of Ford is sadly lacking.
I agree that the Ford dealer is responsible for supplying you with a vehicle that is fit for purpose and for which you paid and probably waited quite a while for.

·
Registered
Ford Kuga Mk3 1.5 EcoBlue 120 PS 8 Speed Automatic ST-Line X Editon. ecs as at 5 Oct
10 Posts
Update on Ford Pass. Whilst sitting in my living room, I tried to access the app. Greeted with the message: "Vehicle in motion. FordPass is locked while in motion and connected to SYNC. Please be aware that your phone's data plan will be used. Stay safe and keep your eyes on the road!"
Anyone got a solution to anchor the flimsy luggage shelf? I live in Scotland and with the winds, all I have to do is open the boot and it unhinges itself.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Motability stated there was no requirement to have a first year service. If I wished to do so, I could take the car to the dealer for a check up if I wanted to. They're happy to go with the Ford service plan which requires a first service at 18,000 miles or 2 years.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts