Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Ford Kuga 2.0 Titanuim
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - new user based in South Yorkshire - just a few lines to say why I joined. Had my Kuga for about 18 months - upgrade from an x-trail that had seen better days and needed something that could tow! Very happy with the car. I leave all the engine stuff to the mechanics with the better skills and knowledge than me but I am happy with routine stuff such as upgrading Sync and maps...until I tried a few days ago following the ford instructions to the letter! Looking for help and found a few people on here that have had similar issues and got advice! Tried Pm'ing but site gave me a message saying as a newbie I had too many mesages (it was only the one!) Think I have to wait for a day or two before I'm allowed direct access to members! Look forward to chatting to some of you in the future!

·
Mr. Uses Lots of Words
4,982 Posts
Hi - new user based in South Yorkshire - just a few lines to say why I joined. Had my Kuga for about 18 months - upgrade from an x-trail that had seen better days and needed something that could tow! Very happy with the car. I leave all the engine stuff to the mechanics with the better skills and knowledge than me but I am happy with routine stuff such as upgrading Sync and maps...until I tried a few days ago following the ford instructions to the letter! Looking for help and found a few people on here that have had similar issues and got advice! Tried Pm'ing but site gave me a message saying as a newbie I had too many mesages (it was only the one!) Think I have to wait for a day or two before I'm allowed direct access to members! Look forward to chatting to some of you in the future!
Hi and welcome to the forum. I would think that one of our guys will be along later to assist and free you of the shackles associated with the conventional way of upgrading......or not being able to upgrade as many have said.

·
Update Ninja
Vignale 2019, Platinum White
3,359 Posts
What is your current version of Sync and maps..........settings/about sync

·
Registered
2017 Ford Kuga 2.0 Titanuim
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited by Moderator)
What is your current version of Sync and maps..........settings/about sync
Thanks for getting in touch - after a bit of searching on the internet found what I suspect was the route that a lot of people had used an alternative route and I was able to follow the instructions and got the update to latest 3.4 and F10 maps - really like the new layout, maps and DAB updates so far. Bit nervous upgrading - which is why I was on here but to be honest went very easily - took about 40 mins to update SYNC in the car - the hardest bit was trying to work out from the app which version I was on, which one I should update to and then having to go in and change settings to add the Navigation update (I was on F8 maps previously). I updated using the ford method 12 months ago and dont remember having any issues - this time it wasnt having it!! Having done it this new way once dont think I'll be going back to the Ford method!

·
Update Ninja
3,359 Posts
Thanks for getting in touch - after a bit of searching on the internet found what I suspect was the route that a lot of people had used an alternative route and I was able to follow the instructions and got the update to latest 3.4 and F10 maps - really like the new layout, maps and DAB updates so far. Bit nervous upgrading - which is why I was on here but to be honest went very easily - took about 40 mins to update SYNC in the car - the hardest bit was trying to work out from the app which version I was on, which one I should update to and then having to go in and change settings to add the Navigation update (I was on F8 maps previously). I updated using the ford method 12 months ago and dont remember having any issues - this time it wasnt having it!! Having done it this new way once dont think I'll be going back to the Ford method!
Well done, you've cracked it, and bang up to date, welcome to the “super highway” route, you’ll never use Ford route again

·
Super Moderator
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
1,473 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
The " new highway route " failed twice with me but have got myself a sandisk 32 gb job and will try with that
next week.

·
Premium Member
Kuga ST Line X 1.5 Eco 180ps 6 Speed Auto AWD Magnetic
267 Posts
The " new highway route " failed twice with me but have got myself a sandisk 32 gb job and will try with that
next week.
It doesn’t always work first time it has to ensure you are worthy, May the 4th be with you😎

·
Update Ninja
3,359 Posts
next week.
Come on John, you’re letting the team down, 😉🤞

·
Update Ninja
3,359 Posts
It doesn’t always work first time it has to ensure you are worthy, May the 4th be with you😎
Its never failed to work 1st time

·
Super Moderator
1,473 Posts
Operator error ;)

·
Super Moderator
1,473 Posts
In all seriousness though, I have been speaking to John (Safrane) and I think it's due to a faulty USB stick or 2. That's why he's bought a new one. (y)

·
Premium Member
Kuga ST Line X 1.5 Eco 180ps 6 Speed Auto AWD Magnetic
267 Posts
In all seriousness though, I have been speaking to John (Safrane) and I think it's due to a faulty USB stick or 2. That's why he's bought a new one. (y)
It's a learning curve for some but normally comes good in the end (y)

·
Registered
364 Posts
The two failed USB sticks were old and well used , that's why got myself a new Sandisk. Collecting the caravan from
winter storeage next tuesday to bring it to dealers for yearly moisture check so will upload then. i realise you all
waiting with bated breath so will post result next week.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
...until I tried a few days ago following the ford instructions to the letter!...
That's odd, how could you follow Ford instructions to the letter when what you are describing (side-load 3.4) is completely outside the normal Ford update procedures (not to mention warranty-voiding) ?

·
Mr. Uses Lots of Words
4,982 Posts
I think what the OP said in post one is he followed Ford's instructions to the letter and it failed and then he went the alternative route mentioned in post four.

·
Super Moderator
1,473 Posts
I love how people give it all these names trying to make out it’s something it’s not! 🙄

·
Mr. Uses Lots of Words
4,982 Posts
I love how people give it all these names trying to make out it’s something it’s not! 🙄
I thought you liked names handouts.......

but I know what you mean. You could call it the "CLUB" method.

Cyan
Labs
Updates
Brilliantly

With a little help from RonnieM

Reactions: RonnieM
1 - 20 of 26 Posts