Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, thanks for having me. looking for some help and advice.
Just got a three year old Kuga in ST Line X spec, love the look and the colour, but I have a some issues which I could do with some info on prior to the garage taking it in for a look.

I have the following issues.
1. Pulling a wee bit to the left when on a flat motorway.
2. The wife noticed a loud grinding noise when doing a three point turn, my teen daughter was also in the car at the time and said it sounded like rubber rubbing rubber or a swooshing sound.

I had a look behind the wheel when on full lock to see if I could find a simple cause, but noticed what looked like a barcode on the drive shaft, (highlighted in blue) Is it a barcode or a scratches? also Highlighted in blue what appears to be to be a crack. Do you think this is a crack ? or simply surface rust peeling off the undercoat. also do yous think the rubber boot on the drive shafts look a bit to clean, could this be a replacement?

and talking about surface rust, does the qty shown look about right for a three year car?

All info and help greatly appreciated.
L

Attachments

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
It looks like the drive shaft is rubbing on the anti roll bar behind it, that isn't a barcode. I can't really tell if the highlighted area is a crack or just poor paint on the weld.
I would be taking it back and asking the garage to make sure everything is working correctly.
Regarding the corrosion, I don't know as cars where I live don't rust like the UK ones.

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
7,254 Posts
Welcome to the forum @LeighS

I can't really help with your problem and can only suggest you take it back to the dealer. You shouldn't be hearing any grinding noises at all.

Looking at the corrosion it does seem excessive. Mine is similar at the rear end but my car is 7 years old. Looks like whatever paint Ford have used hasn't stayed on the metal for long.

·
Mr. Happy
Kuga 2ltr AWD Titanium X, Midnight Sky.
1,838 Posts
As already stated by other's..............Take it back and get it checked at THEIR cost matey.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts