Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Gang,
Ive had eight Focus STs over the last few Ford Privilege years working at Landrover so with threatened roadtax rises, fluctuating petrol prices, etc. I decided to swap from a car where the engine was the most dominant, to a Kuga where the vehicle outwayed the performance factor hence MPG rather thanMPH and hopefully introduce a fun factor.So in these recession hit and escalating motoring pricestimes i eventually found the Perfect Kuga deal a stock pre price increase vehicle loaded with extras heavily discounted in silver, havingprivacy glass, roofrails, DAB Sony radio, bluetooth with USB port, front and rear factory parking sensors, scuffplates, Panoramic Roof, and last but not least,19" alloy wheels sitting on, "wow" Bridgestone tyres. Wefirst viewed the carthen Julie went back to our ST3 Focusfor her gloves, on her return she confided, "I Love this Car" asubject she would not normally be openly emotive about, so needless to say after the hefty discounts we hagled and gained an extra £100 off, a tankfull of fuel, and the paintsheild thrown in. We were put in an impossible position of,"where do we sign" for this gorgeous machine, hence we pick our Kuga up in three weeks, "wa hey"..... cant wait ive always wanted to meander around my favourite Cotswoldsplacesin a higher driving position.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Hi Moondust,

Welcome to the forum.

Your car sounds almost identical to mine apart from the colour which is black I dont have the pano roof or big wheelsthough.I have two weeks to wait for mine which is in Flushing waiting to be ferried over. It most certainly is a 'gorgeous machine'.

Have fun

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Titanium AWD. My discount is £2000 and this is ontop of dealer discounts and then consider the value of the extras, a few phone callscovering several dealerscan save £ss. The part exchange value can vary by up to £2000 in my case, but at the end of the day it is the, "Cost to Change" that is important irrespective of where the dealers put the zeros.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Tell me about it mate. I chopped in an 08 facelift ST3 and trying to find a dealer who would take it let alone offer me a good px was a job in itself. Got £13,000 for it on a private sale in the end, while dealers only offered me £12,000.

I probably contacted 10-15 dealerships when sorting out a price, and got my Zetec AWD for £15,500 with approximatley £1,500 of extras added.

I also got the Ford discount off £2000 on top of this being a Ford employee.

So, how much did the dealer let the Kuga go for then?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Hi Moondust
welcome to the kuga Forum Im also a x ST owner

3 in all ,

Im now wait until the 1st march to pick up my second Kuga

this time Ive gone for the 2 wheel drive , and the Titanium , which came into the garage today

my over half works for ford , so I get a good Price too , but dont ask me what price as

he will not tell me ,

I have loved my black kuga Zetec

and cannot wait until nextweekend when I pick my new kuga up

He did say that they have just recieved the booklets on the RS today and I will be wanting one next ,

but to be honist I have enjoyed not having to worry about leaving my car for the last 9 months wondering if it will be still where I park it when I returned

I have notice lots of ST in our area latley , but only spoted about 2 more Kuga's

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the welcoming speedy we pick up our Kuga in three weeks so im hoping the ST3 stays ok till then,most cars are black and silver insideso it made sense to have the same classy look on the outside andnotattract the wrong attention if you know what i mean.Like youthe STs can be a worry checking whos following you home, gettingnervous about who is ringing the doorbell, with rising unemployment it can only get worse so we thought aKuga might be more pleasurable and less stressfull. Our other car is an MR2 Turbo import so this being low slung would compliment the higher driving position of the Kuga. I also have a deseemed Austin Cooper S that ive renovated its been in my garage since 1985 i just cant find that extra 1%effort to finish itoff, like my headmaster said , "must try harder" ha ha.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts