Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

As anyone tried the new High Definition Wax from Autoglym? It is rather expensive, about £40 I think,thought I'd ask any 'show' people out there before shelling out!!

·
Registered
374 Posts
if you get some,please let us know what its like, i'v spent a lot on Autoglym, really like it. I would be very interested in this new wonderful wax.......

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will do, I'm hoping to get some within the next week or so when the weather improves. I have found some info on it, apparently this new wax will last for approximately50 washes before you need to re-wax the car!!! Like you I spend a fortune on Autoglym but I wouldn't use anything else.
Edited by: KugaCat

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hi, guys Ive been waxing and polishing by hand, are these power polishers any good? I'm a tad scared
they will markmy' precious one
' and would you recomend a specific one batt or mains etc.

the Bear

·
Registered
374 Posts
I would always use by hand, think the pride takes over. Just spoken to local independant motor factor, apparently, you use the wax once a week and eventually it only needs applyimg once a month and is amazing. They are bringing some clay out as well soon apparently..... Sounds like £40 well spent...?

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I have just spent the last 2 hours washing and waxing. This new wax, Autoglym High Definition Wax, I have to say is brilliant, goes on easy and buffs off easily just don't apply it when the body work is hot and you will have the job done in no time, easy peasy!!!
There is a difference in the car,s appearance the colour looks alot deeper and very very shiny! Most definitely worth the money and will last for ages.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Quite agree gets the
from me a bit pricy but think it will last , definately a deeper lustre and no residue from the wax on to your trims
.Autoglyms trim restorer gets rid of polish residue brilliantly if you still use normal type.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I checked out the prices on ebay and you can get the hi-def waxfor about £13 or so cheaper than the shops, it's worth a look.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Well I'll bring this thread back to life!!!! for a change???lol

I purchased some Autp Glym HD wax from my local car accs shop, amongst other goodies to give my beast some lurv. I like the family who own it and get advice off them and the Auto Glym rep. They said do not let the sponges dry out, keep a little water in the sealable bag, it makes sponges last longer, although if you go to Auto Glym's website you will find a link to site who sell replacement sponges. But, one bit of advice more importantly is before you wax a panel, spray it lightly with water, using one of the little trigger garden sprayer's. This will make all labour work easier and the wax last longer. Both hints come via the Auto Glym rep, who inthe past has been an adbsolute star.

So 1st night, weather just cooled enuf, I tried it. Results, SUPERB. easy to use, lovely smell and amazing results.

Apparently (via Rep again) if you can manage 2-3 times a week, after 4-5 weeks the car will be so protected, the water will run off leaving a very clean car and little work to do. You only need do about once a month. And with the beast being in Panther, it really needs to be good.....

Well worth £40.......

·
Registered
374 Posts
and only linked note, try the following sites, the 1st is the one Auto Glym link you to and the second is the people who sell the rubber squeakcure stuffon ebay. The second I ordered and within 48 hours I had product, Gummi Pfledge and bought 5om roll of polishing masking tape. Superb service.

Just thought you could all benefit from their excellent products etc. Hope it proves as beneficial to you all as it is to me........

http://www.grandprixlegends.com/

http://www.car-care-direct.com/catalog/index.php

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi UT,
What an excellent tip thanks for that.
I had, until your tip, kept a small bucket of clean water with me while I waxed so I can dip the applicator every so often. I'm going to get myself one of those bottles.

I agree about the smell, to me it smells like Caramac chocolate bars, do you remember thoses?!

Have waxed her today as it cooler and she looks fabulous. Definitely worth every penny.

·
Registered
374 Posts
much better finish and better product, I believe easier to use. you may need polish if you have not polished the beast for ages. However, I learnt something when I was at motorist shop. Polish is not really necessary ALL the time.

I asked what the difference was between polish and wax, apparently polish has a fine cutting agent, abrasives etc. So, my week old car really did not require any abrasion, as I guess most peoples Kugas don't. Therefore, wax on, wax off.It protects without trying to revitalise I guess.

It scared me when I learnt, really did not need to cut the paintwork so soon.....

·
Registered
48 Posts
undertaker,

I thought autoglymmade 2 polishes. Cutting polish (I suppose a cross between 't cut' and polish) and super resin polish that forms a shiney resin on the surface.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hi Guys im a newbie, but as your talking wax etc try pearlcarcare products site, the stuffs very good and have some stuff i have never seem before...I am a gm of a valet company so I know a bit

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Hi Def Autogym got good reviews but apply in heat and Don't leave it to dry, I'm using Turtlewax Platinum on my Vauxhall (awaiting Kuga del) which for meis excellent, but then again I'm too easily pleased apparently.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts