Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

On Saturday I put the deposit down on a Kuga. It is a used (just over 1000 miles) sea grey zetec but I have to wait for the DVLA to move my private plate across which i'm hoping will be done at the start of next week. Just hoping I don't see the problems that I have seen people describe and that I still love it after 10,000 miles as I have seen with others.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Hi and nice to have morecontributors joining.

Maybe your Kuga was a demo? Hopefully, if there were any gremlins in the build, they have been sorted already for you. There have been a few delivery problems discussed while I have been reading this forum, mostly electrical but one or two mechanical issues as well. The good news is that almost everyone seems to like their car, I can't recall anyone saying they were planning to chop theirs because they didn't like the handling or suchlike.

Ok, hope you enjoy your Kuga.

·
Registered
295 Posts
used? as good as new i would say

most reactions are extremely positive so I really think you will love this car.
please post your finding asap (and maybe some pictures).

cheers!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hoping for thursday for mine, still waiting for the documents from dvla for the plate change

·
Registered
21 Posts
You will love the Kuga.

If you enjoyed the test drive its even better when you have it. you just smile everywhere you drive...

I've had mine now for just over 3 weeks, touch wood no problems and its great. Had an X-Type Jag before, Kuga drives as well if not better.

Hopefully going to take some pictures of it once my wife lets me have it back.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Picked it up a few hours ago, nice to drive, not really had chance to look around but do zetecs have an mp3 connector? If so, where is it hiding?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi kevuwk, the standard Zetec has the aux socket for an MP3 in the arm rest at the front. There is a smalli-pod holder slotand you just plug the aux lead from the headphone socket of the i-pod into the aux socket next to the i-pod holder. Hope this helps..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it most likely will help but i did have a look around the arm rest/storage area and couldn't find it, i will look later when i get chance, was a little busy yesterday so didn't really get any time with the car :(

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
just had a quick look and i have found it, i was expecting it to be more noticeable as i had one in my focus but seen asthough it is built in they can obviously hide it a little better (i was looking at it in the dark yesterday)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Will post some pics when I get a chance, not got access to a pc until new year but have done about 400 miles in it and really like it

·
Registered
731 Posts
Hi Everyone,
Im new to this site, just wanted to say hello. Have found reading the posts in the forums very interesting. Ive not actually got my Kuga yet, and reading here will help me decide to buy one. I do love the Kuga in every respect, it drives very well, it looks fantastic, the only problem for me is that it is a very tight fit in the garage! Anyway hope everyone had a great Christmas and hopefully 2009 will be good too.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Hi Speedy,
Thanks for the welcome. Not sure when I will get my Kuga, looking around for a good deal at the moment. The only trouble is Ive not longago bought a new Fiesta and I really should have bought the Kuga instead. There's nothing wrong with the Fiesta it's just too small for my needs. I will keep you posted when I find her and I'll put up some pics when I work out how to do it!!

·
Registered
368 Posts
I had a fiesta St about 3 years ago it was great when I was on my own
but with
the kids growing into young Adults found it two small for us all.
lucky for us it was just the second car , but find now we leave the company car park up and all jump in the kuga when we go out as a family ,
my boy has ask if I can get him on the insurance next year , so he can drive the kuga too, will wait and see how much it is first
as he is only 19

Edited by: speedy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts