Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Administrator
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to give you a heads up; we are going to update the software here soon. In case there are any issues here are some things you can expect.

1) The site should be significantly faster.

We have applied every modern technique to speed up page load and tested with all modern browsers. We want the forum to be extremely fast and easy to use.

2) Mobile Friendly

The site will work much better in mobile and tablet views.

We've started applying responsive design, and have designed and tested against android and iPhone devices, Android tablets, and iPads. If you are sitting at your desk or on your couch, or just on your phone, the site will work much better than it did before, and load fast. We are still working on improving the experience even further in the months to come, but we wanted to launch this as quickly as we could.

3)A new paint job!

The homepage will be bright, crisp and clean. We wanted the first page users saw to look beautiful, so that when a new guest arrives and is debating whether to join, they see a beautiful doorway, and they walk right in. We can also use this newly minted front page to showcase a Ride of the Month winner or other community related news and announcements.

4) Garages will be featured on the site

You can show off your vehicles, You can post pictures in your garage and share it with others.

5)Social Media Connect

Users will be able to register with Facebook meaning faster legitimate registrations.

6)We Want your Input!

We want to know what you like in an update (look and feel). What you think the community would get excited about and appreciate.
Do you want an updated, logo? A new skin theme color change? Maybe a preference in images included in the banner showing off multiple generations? Don't be Shy! We need this info ASAP!

Let me know if you have any concerns. I will be here to help with the transition and any issues there may be.

Thanks,
Community Manager

·
Super Moderator
1,958 Posts
@admin

Afternoon (or morning I guess).

Is there any way of prioritising VB serachover Google Cusome Search on the home page?

The Google Custom Search is worse than useless really.

Most visiting the site will be looking for results on the site whereas the Google Custom Search merely returns web results with the site 'hits' buried among quite a few irrelevant ones.

·
Administrator
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@admin

Afternoon (or morning I guess).

Is there any way of prioritising VB serachover Google Cusome Search on the home page?

The Google Custom Search is worse than useless really.

Most visiting the site will be looking for results on the site whereas the Google Custom Search merely returns web results with the site 'hits' buried among quite a few irrelevant ones.
Heya,

You should be able to drop down the choose the VB search which should yield better results.

Jeff M

·
Registered
6,582 Posts
Any help with those PM I sent Jeff.

Is Gareth still about too?

Phil

·
Registered
6,582 Posts
Sent it to the contact us at the bottom of the screen. Has that gone into the cloud somewhere (or AutoGuide ah ah)? I guess I should have sent it to Admin..

One was the anonymous setting for appearing in the active list didn't seem to be working and the other was notifications, not receiving some even though I have it set to immediate.

I can PM if you wish more detail.

Phil

·
Registered
359 Posts
Sent it to the contact us at the bottom of the screen. Has that gone into the cloud somewhere (or AutoGuide ah ah)? I guess I should have sent it to Admin..

One was the anonymous setting for appearing in the active list didn't seem to be working and the other was notifications, not receiving some even though I have it set to immediate.

Phil
I also have the above problems that Phil has.

Another thing, all the photos I previously uploaded to the forum are not not accessible (at least I cant find them anyway)

Ron

·
Administrator
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I can PM if you wish more detail.

Phil
I also have the above problems that Phil has.

Another thing, all the photos I previously uploaded to the forum are not not accessible (at least I cant find them anyway)

Ron
Contact Us has a longer turn around because it's all our sites to one team. RE invisible mode, I THINK you should be able to see yourself in the list so it may not work in that regard. Notifications will only send out one per thread until you read it. Or are you not getting them at all?

Specifically Ron, were they loaded in a gallery or albums?

Kyle

·
Registered
6,582 Posts
I'm getting the notifications for this thread OK, bu if I look at my subscriptions, I see all are instant and work, but one has none, and it is that one of which I dont get notifications. How is that amended by the user, the tick box doesn't seem to do anything for me if it should.

Ron's possibly relating to the files uploaded to the file manager that are inserted in post we had made. I see they are still the posts in threads but where do they reside.

Thanks

Phil

·
Registered
359 Posts
My photos were/ are in the file gallery, I have checked some older posts and they still show in the actual post, but I cant find them on my account anywhere and when I tried to add a photo a couple of days ago that I had previously posted a while ago, I had to upload and attach it to the new post from my PC.

Also, I haven't had a single notification for new posts or replies to my posts since the new site software was used, not even this thread. Not even getting notifications for pm's.

Ron

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
How do you find out a members name now on new set up. It was easy on the old site by clicking on the members alias, it just makes replying or contact more personal
Also, when posting PM I do not get notification that the message has been sent

·
Registered
6,582 Posts
Kyle, any improvement on subscriptions that have none in the notification column so that we can amend/edit it to instant?

Thanks

Phil

·
Administrator
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Not sure if this is a syncing issue or something related to the migration.
But at the top of the thread that you're not having notifications for, you should be able to go into Tools > Subscribe to this thread
@The.Real.Me are you still having this issue with notifications through PM and Email?

Ed

·
Registered
6,582 Posts
OK. I'm sure I did this in the past because it seemed so intuitively obvious to try, but now it may have worked.

In the thread where I had none in the subscriptions notification, I unsubscribed using the thread tools and confirmed that it had been removed from my subscription list. I then brought up the thread again and then subscribed. and I now have instant against the thread in my subscription list.

You may be correct in that it was a sync issue as I mat have replied in the thread in question before I'd set up the preferences in User Control Panel.

The proof will be when someone replies within that thread. Note, that all the other threads which I guess I've replied to have instant in the notifications list which will have been after setting up my Control Panel.

Last question, what is the tick box for against the entries in the notification preference list.

Thanks

Phil

·
Registered
6,582 Posts
I've noticed the tick box is for selected threads. It was tried in the past to see if it altered notifications and it didn't of course.

Just the question of the files uploaded to the file manager that are inserted in post we had made. I see they are still the posts in threads but where do they reside.

Thanks

·
Registered
359 Posts
Not sure if this is a syncing issue or something related to the migration.
But at the top of the thread that you're not having notifications for, you should be able to go into Tools > Subscribe to this thread

@The.Real.Me are you still having this issue with notifications through PM and Email?

Ed
Yes, I still do not get notifications, I have checked my settings etc. I did have one notification last Friday when Phil (@Fillco) and I were sending each other messages and got a email that I had a PM, no notifications on thread updates though.

Ron

1 - 20 of 36 Posts