Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm picking up my new car on Monday, and looking for advice - I've got the USB/Bluetooth stuff, and want to know if I'm better off just connecting my iPod in the car, or will I get all the functions like playlists & full track details on-screen if I download my iTunes onto a memory stick & just plug that into the socket in the car?
It's got the full touch-screen system, in case that makes a difference to the answer?

Ta for your help (if anyone can....?)

·
Registered
65 Posts
the memory stick will only work with MP3's but will still display track info and can be controlled via the controls on the steering column, for the ipod you will require the correct cable which has an auxillary input and a usb connection, you need the usb part to control the ipod via the column controls.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Personally I'd go for the I-pod, I have a room full of tunesand although I am aware thatthere is a 128 gb memory stick available andOK it's got the capacity but it's still just a memory stick. Justordered my new toy, the new Ipod 64gb TouchwithBluetooth, so shouldwork just fine. £180 128 Gb Memory Stick,versus 3rd GenIpod64gb £289, with the faster processor & graphics chip, I think its a no brainer, oh and not forgetting Safari 4 internet access, email, and all those Apps,and the screen response time is faster than my old (April 09) 32 Gb Touch. You pays your money, and you, bla bla . . . . Cannot wait.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, ta for the advice - think I'll use my iPod to begin with, & maybe borrow someone's memory stick to see if it can do all the iPod can before I go & buy one!

Picking up the car this afternoon - can't wait!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts