Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Picked up my 2014 Mk2 today and posting for the first time. When playing songs on Spotify via Bluetooth connection to Sync 1 system, I am unable to skip song using steering wheel controls. Does anyone have a work around for this other than upgrading the stereo?

And on that note, I have read plenty on here about Chinese tablet style headunits vs double din upgrade and think I am leaning towards double din. My one concern is how much the new fascia will stick out from the dash which I have seen mentioned plenty of times but as yet have not seen what this looks like. Could anyone send a pic or advise how much it sticks out. Will it totally ruin the aesthetics of the dash?

·
Mr. Forgetful
ST-Line Edition 2019 AWD - Petrol - Auto
1,739 Posts
Hello and welcome!

Do the buttons on the Sync head unit itself work for changing tracks?
If not, then they may not work for a Bluetooth connection and are only for CDs etc.

There are a few people on here, who have changed or upgraded the Sync system, so hopefully someone can advise you better than me.

Enjoy your new Kuga :D (y)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry should have been clear the buttons on the unit don't work either. The display reads track 1/1 even if I'm listening to a playlist or an album so assuming it's something to do with the way the system receives the Bluetooth signal.

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
10,050 Posts
I thought Bluetooth on sync 1 was only for hands free calling.

Have you tried plugging your phone into the usb port in the centre console me then trying to see if it works.

I would go for the double din unit over the Chinese ones that are available. Connects 2 do a fascia adapter but I think it looks ugly. I upgraded mine to sync 2. Worth it but not for the faint hearted.

·
Administrator
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
3,533 Posts
And on that note, I have read plenty on here about Chinese tablet style headunits vs double din upgrade and think I am leaning towards double din. My one concern is how much the new fascia will stick out from the dash which I have seen mentioned plenty of times but as yet have not seen what this looks like. Could anyone send a pic or advise how much it sticks out. Will it totally ruin the aesthetics of the dash?
In a word, Yes. In my opinion they're fugly!

That's why I changed mine to Sync 2, granted it's a lot of work and not for everyone, but I'd rather have kept Sync 1 than fit one of those cheap looking Chinese things.

As you're new, please take a minute to read this thread.

Welcome to the Forum, Please Read

·
Mr Modification
Ford Kuga MK2 16/12/2014 Titanium X Sport AWD 2.0TDCI 182HP 400Nm (T8MA) MMT6
1,147 Posts
When playing songs on Spotify via Bluetooth connection to Sync 1 system, I am unable skip song using steering wheel controls.
I have Sync1 and after checking on official FORD webside I was avilable to download and install update from USB stick.
SYNC & Maps to keep you up-to-date

I don't remember how it was before update but definitely now I can switch "next" and "previus" songs from Spotify using steering wheel buttons, also I see titles and albums on screen. I am using Bluetooth connection, and it works very good, plays songs instantly when start the ride.

Display device Electronic device Technology Electronics Multimedia
Display device Electronic device Technology Electronics Electric blue

·
Mr. Forgetful
ST-Line Edition 2019 AWD - Petrol - Auto
1,739 Posts
I have Sync1 and after checking on official FORD webside I was avilable to download and install update from USB stick.
SYNC & Maps to keep you up-to-date

I don't remember how it was before update but definitely now I can switch "next" and "previus" songs from Spotify using steering wheel buttons, also I see titles and albums on screen. I am using Bluetooth connection, and it works very good, plays songs instantly when start the ride.

View attachment 5540 View attachment 5541
Yay, glad it's all working now :) (y)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.