Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
The other 2 pics show the small gap I mentioned above.
That's showing the black piece (on the "B" pillar) between the front and rear door windows?

It looks like that black piece of trim hasn't been fitted square to the body, so then the rubber on the door's chrome trim piece isn't touching it?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
That's showing the black piece (on the "B" pillar) between the front and rear door windows?

It looks like that black piece of trim hasn't been fitted square to the body, so then the rubber on the door's chrome trim piece isn't touching it?
Yes. Sorry, I did not keep track on my post since some time.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Another thing I've seen, when having the low beam on, once I stop the car, after I open the door, the car will continuously ping me...even if the headlights are off.
The pinging doesn't seem to make sense - bad programming leftover? I used the exact procedure on my old Focus MK3 to drive all my life with low beam on regardless of the day time and I wanted to replicate this here.
I will try to disable it and come back with feedback.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Regarding the fuel consumption I hope that this is not taken as a complaint, but as an FYI:
-in the city, Bucharest, I was not able to go below 17 MPG
-outside of Bucharest, at 130 km/h you get around 31 mpg
Compared to my 1.0L Focus before, I lost exactly 150 KM/refueling in the city, and the consumption ratio is almost the same in city/country side (ie: with the Focus I did 550km/city and 800 km/countryside)

I believe I need to further hone my acceleration skills. I tended to accelerate over a longer period of time compared to my Focus. During this period, usually I see a lot of big instantaneous consumption. So my theory is that if I accelerate a bit harder to reduce this period of long acceleration maybe the consumption will get reduced (?). I did a single test over a refueling with this and the consumption increased by 1-0.5.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts