1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

VERY disappointing

NO petrol automatic
All Diesels are AdBlue and still have relatively high CO2 figures
Heated seats an option on all models including Vignale (at that price they should be standard)

Think I'll probably pass when it's time to change.

·
Registered
586 Posts
All leather seats should be heated as standard. I didn't buy a mint condition fsh Mitsubishi Outlander because it was leather and not heated. I bought the Kuga instead which has half leather and no heat. It's ok to be fair but I do know what it's like to have full leather and not heated and never again.

Looks like ford are going full circle from the early 70s when you had to pay extra for a radio. Even carpets were extra on some models. I remember my dad cancelling his order for a MK3 cortina for a Datsun because the Datsun came with the extras and was less money. Competition must be even tougher now and whilst the stigma of ford being a Dagenham dustbin has long surpassed, the competition have not only caught up but overtaken ford and leaving them behind. At one time you could pick up a second hand Kia for peanuts. Their Sportage holds a decent second hand value possibly due to its long warranty. If I was a manufacturer of a product and had faith in it, then why not lengthen the warranty. I think Nissan were one of the first to offer 3 years and 100,000 miles and how long ago was that.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I'm with a few on the forum here. When tyres worn out decide on stick or twist:

Stick with my model, a good bus and served well, look after it with TLC and keep to x miles..
Twist : Chop it in for same engine & transmission (180 hp AWD & Manual) late Mk2. say 19 reg +

After that either way, Kuga Mk3 off the list for a replacement sorry... Ford.

Said before: Mazda, or Volvo... Perhaps a Kia worth a look.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I still can't get over that horrendous protrusion at the lower back end, seems like the designers overextended the rear bumper and no one bothered to correct the design error.

I would consider the hybrid ST-Line, but the quoted price of almost 38K quids (!!) is staggering, for that kind of money I can get my hands on a decently specced E-Pace R-Dynamic S P250 :cool:

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Wow $80,000 for a decent spec, I can buy a really nice car for that sort of money. Not a Ford.
It's time to visit the Kia showroom, the Stinger is less than that and twice the car.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I doubt it'll be on my radar, although I also doubt I'd move away from a Ford. It's not a bad looking thing per se (though probably a bit too much like a CX5); but it's following the trend of SUVs not being SUV-shaped any more

Ford seem to be ever mindful of what 'the market' wants - when the Mk2 came along there were jokes about it being the 'K Max' because it was much more MPV shaped than the Mk1. So they let us get used to that and then change it again; I can't readily think of any other car in Ford's recent history that has changed concept so much

·
Registered
328 Posts
The good news is that the weight of the Kuga is still pretty much as the current one for towing... Phew! I was assuming the new one would be much lighter and so give us caravanners more of a pain...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts