Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
I put an essay up here earlier and it didn't get posted.....

Well, I got my Kuga in July 2008 and have happily put over 21K on the clock - I love this car more than any other I have ever driven and I intend to drive it until the end of it's days!

Good to meet you all, look forward to getting to know all about your adventures in Kuga land!

-Becki-

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I only got mats about a month ago so they are good at the moment although were a nightmare to fit....
The carpets are okay but I did have to take the car in to have them re-fitted before the years warranty ran out as they had come lose around the centre console in the back offside footwell and the front nearside footwell, I still have a gap between the carpet and the glovebox but have beentold this is how it is on all models.

I also had an issue where the roof liner came away from the roof just inside the back door but that was resolved at the same time.

Are you having problems? I can check with the sales guy who sold me mine (family friend - very reliable
) if you would like?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol speedy, I agree

I seem to get lots of beeps from truckers on the motorway in mine - do you?
What model do you have? I have to say as soon as I saw mine in the showroom I fell in love with it and bought it there and then - I didn't have to wait (well 3 days...) for mine as I took it how it was.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Hi KugaBex. Welcome Back. . . . Interesting point raised concerning carpets,and one raised by Kugace.My 5 week old Kuga's twofrontmats that arrived with vehicle, are what's that word . . . . rubbish, but I too have problems withbadly fitted carpet generally (seems far too small/short?) but more so around near side front wheel arch which tucks into lower trim close to left hand side of glove box coming adrift. This is the first Ford I have owned for many many years in factsince I said I would never ever, ever buy a Ford (Mondeo) again, the front screen creaked badly when moving,on a two day old Mondeo and Ford service dept drove it and then Ford HQ sent a field service engineer to investigate, hadfor car three days before providing a full and comprehensive report which stated that following an X-ray the creaking front screen was in fact caused by "missing spot welds" supporting the front two stantions and as a result of loss of the vehicles integrity? it was deemed a serious safety issue and We got our money back and basically ran like **** to the nearest Toyota dealer but hey that was back in the day, this is now, Nice car, Noa very nice car but . . . . . . Regards. Bob.

·
Registered
368 Posts
KugaBex said:
Lol speedy, I agree

I seem to get lots of beeps from truckers on the motorway in mine - do you?
What model do you have? I have to say as soon as I saw mine in the showroom I fell in love with it and bought it there and then - I didn't have to wait (well 3 days...) for mine as I took it how it was.

Hiya
yes I do get some looks for guys , but I think there looking at the car only
Glad your happy with your Kuga

I had the Zetec in black 4wd, one of the first in the UK

and replaced it in march 09 I now have the Titanium ,2wd same as the one in the TV ad , with black windows and big wheels, you name it ,it has it

cut a long story short

hubby is a saleman for Ford ,so Im very lucky I can change my cars every9 months , without losing a lot of cash

but I love this one so much,I have decided to keep it for 2 years maybe 3 until the new shapefocus come out ,may go back to the ST then, will wait and see ,

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Kugace,
What issues are you having with the carpets? let me know and I'll have a word with my mate.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts