Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi peeps,

Found your forum and thought best to introduce myself as a fellow Kugaholic!

I wasn't even considering a Kuga. I had been looking at Mazda 6, Insignia etc, when I suggested we go and look at the trusty Mondeo. So off we popped to the local Ford Dealer and the first car we came to in the showroom was the Kuga, in Vision. Well, that was it, my wife would not move from the car and wanted it, period. She was an immediate "Kugette". Now, to be honest, I didn't think that it would be practical as I do a high mileage, but I thought "what the heck". So, test drive booked and absolutely loved it from the moment I drove off. Job done, or so I thought.

The one in the showroom had sold over the weekend ( it had the spec I wanted) and enquiries across the country revealed that I would have to wait three months for the one I wanted. Grrrrrrrrr. However, popped over to another local dealer who had a Zetec 2WD in Vision with Appearance Pack, so I snapped that one up. I wanted the Convenience Pack too but sacrificed it!

So, three weeks down the line and we are loving it. What a fantastic car. I cannot fault it, apart from it should have somewhere to put your change/coins!

Anyway, I noticed that some peeps blank out their plates when posting a pic, is there a reason for that? You guys are gonna love my plate!!

Hope to catch up with some of you on the road.

Cheers
Dean

·
Registered
933 Posts
The supsense is killing us. What is your plate

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hi dixiedean
There are several STUPID slots on the central console just behind the gear lever supposedly for coins.

Come on what is your plate??

Oh! by the way - welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Plates are blanked out to prevent unsavoury gentlemen from cloning the number plates and getting up to no good (and leaving you with a lot of grief !)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi,

Hmmm, there are thousands of plates on view every day, so why a difference on a forum? If they wanted to clone a plate all they have to do is look out the window

Excuse my ignorance

Perhaps I'd be better off not posting a piccie then
??????????

Best regards

·
Registered
77 Posts
I think a lot of it depends on the car. For desireable cars like M3s, 911s etc, advertising your plate, is a no-no. Cars are stolen to order, they clone your plate, and the car looks legit. For the similar reasons, a lot of people no-longer privately advertise cars with pics of the car outside their house - it's to prevent people breaking and stealing the keys (which is happening a lot).

I don't think the Kuga is a risk in any way, but in the same way you may shred your mail every day, others want to protect themselves from the unknown.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts