Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ABIG HELLOto everyone in the Kuga Owners Club.

Picked up my "59" Chill Titanium on Friday, care of Archers of Ashby.

After perusing the Kuga Forum for a number of months ( and thanks to all for their contributions ) decided to order my Kuga from Archers and have to say the experience was totaly painless.

Have only done a 100 miles but " what a beauty "

Would just like to say how helpful the Forum has been in my choice of car,
Thanks to All

YORKY

·
Registered
368 Posts
Hi Yorky
welcome to the forum hope you enjoy your new motor

Edited by: speedy

·
Registered
622 Posts
Hi Yorky,

Good man, great choise of vehicle, and continue to enjoy both the Kuga and the forum.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Hey Speedy,

What is YORKY doing down in the midlands. Is it allowed?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Win-doc,

I was "sent"into the West Midlands a number of years ago as a " Missionary "

Afraid the thin veneer of culture has not rubbed off onto any of these Midlanders!!!

Up to now ,the Kuga is A1 and absolutely stunning.

Originated from Halifax, now in Dudley.

Where are you?

Regards Yorky

·
Registered
622 Posts
Hi YORKY,
You can't keep a good man down. Just a little over to the east in "sunny" Barnsley, Speedy is in Wakefield (I think). You will have to return for a visit now you have an acceptable passport.
Used to work for a company who were based in Brighouse so I know the area quite well.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Yorky / win-doc - Rampman here - another expat bringing thought , knowledge , culture & whippets to Cambridgeshire !!

·
Registered
622 Posts
Hi Rampman,
We get all over, But I have to say you have got your work cut out down there good luck with their education program. ONLY JESTING Cambridgeons.

·
Registered
882 Posts
win-doc - tell me about it - swampdonkeys are hard work

·
Registered
368 Posts
win-doc said:
Hi YORKY,
You can't keep a good man down. Just a little over to the east in "sunny" Barnsley, Speedy is in Wakefield (I think). You will have to return for a visit now you have an acceptable passport.
Used to work for a company who were based in Brighouse so I know the area quite well.

you see
you cannot take the Yorkshire

out of the lad

hay win-doc where did you get your kuga not polar ford

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Hi YORKY and Welcome, Listen YORKY just one question and people who know me on KOC wil I'm sure be wondering why I am asking this, but here goes, has your brand new 59 plate Kuga "Chill" Titanium got those, Mmm what are they called?those ermm I know, rear folding seat back trays??? Thanks YORKY. Kind Regards. Bob.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi bobuptown.

The Magnificent,59,Chill,Titanium,App Pack,Con Pack Kuga with rubber mats and boot protector does not come with the dreaded trays that i've read so much about on the Forum.

Looks good, feels good. Very nice motor!!!!

Regards Yorky

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi win-doc.

Great to hear someone from GODS COUNTRY.

My Mum,god rest her soul,was born just outside Sunny Barnsley ( Bolton-On -Dearne )

and my Outlaw ( mother in law ), again god rest her soul, was born in Hoyland Common.

Small world

Us Missionaries get every where!!!!

Regards Yorky

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
YORKY Thank You much appreciated. Bet there was a fair bit of curtain twitching going onwhen you brought her home? One neighbour(habitual twitcher) was bold enough to ask how much? I said nowt kept stum, but will say here and now that just becausea car costs more cash does not mean it's better.(A Freelander Stop & Start)And Stop &Start I believe is an appropriate title too from what I have heard. Bob.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Why Hello Speedy,

Yes you guessed it Polar Ford, Got a very good deal. P.F Wakefield, as the Barnsley Sales team could not be bothered to peak to me or give me a brochure.
It appears that they aquaint none flashy work attire with poverty. They did the same about 4 yrs ago when I wanted a new Transit connect van. Their loss I bought a Fiat Doblo. The irony of the deal is that the very Kuga we bought was the one we first looked at in the Barnsley showroom.
How many more deals have they let slide over the years.
Very happy with the Kuga, and little trouble with it so far. Off to Scotland tomorrow with 1.4 ton of caravan behind, that should test it.

Regards Win-Doc.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
win-doc Re: Polar Ford I got an icy reception from our branchthey were,what's the word? . . . . unhelpful, in fact I thought I'd walked into a chapel of rest, swear the salesman was d... soz, asleep, when he eventually came around he explained that there were no Kuga's in the Country or in the whole polar group and went on to tell me they had flogged off all there demo's too. Got the feeling that because I did not want a Fiesta or Focus, S-Max etc etc (in stock) then really what's the point.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Hello YORKY,
Yes its a big county but a small world. Its good to see that you are continuing with your lifes toil in taking the message further afield. I for my part am off to spread the word north of the border, tomorrow. If they let me back in I will speak to you all in about three weeks time.

Keep on Kugaring.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Yer BoB-up-Town,
If the Ford Motor Company can treat its customers with the distain it has given to you, and the management of Polar Ford Depot's in general, leave a lot to desire, then I think that I was a lucky boy at the Wakefiel Branch. Good unpushy salesman, got a very good deal, (March 09)
since had an electronic glitch, which was sorted the same day. I really cannot complain, which is a pity because I love a good battle with obnoxious people.

Kuga Titainium Moonstone AWD (with sbt) as yet unused.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
win-doc, I agree think you are incredibly lucky with Polar Wakefield. Could not believe it first time so I even went to Polar Warrington, when I walked in salesman said I can get any car I wanted . . fast? but when I mentioned a Kuga well he was instantly silenced. Went away thinking that these guys were doingME a favour. This guy promised to try and locate a carbasicallynever heard from him again? but to be fair I have to point out Polar were not on there own.CollectedmyKuga (call herAvalon)18th July not had a callfrom the dealer to say how goes it, since?

·
Registered
385 Posts
polar ford wimslow were very good,stocport polar ford not so good and could not match the deal i got so happy.apart from the poundland carpets fitted to the car feellike bobuptown feels about his missing back seat trays not happy

1 - 20 of 23 Posts