Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be ordering a new Kuga in the near future with the retractable towbar option. I will be towing a caravan with an Alko hitchlock. Is the towball Ford supply compatible?

Any comments would be greatly and potentially invaluable.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
The detachable towball, which will be a swan neck will be fine with the newer style of alko hitches which have the stabiliser in the coupling head.

It is only the flange towbar style which have the bolt on towball where you need the Al-ko towball as it's taller than a standard towball.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I will be ordering a new Kuga in the near future with the retractable towbar option. I will be towing a caravan with an Alko hitchlock. Is the towball Ford supply compatible?

HI I have the electric towbar on my kuga vignale and tow a caravan with an alko hitch and it is perfect.

·
Registered
July 2020 Titanium 190PS Ecoblue frozen white, driver assist & winter pack, factory fitted towbar
27 Posts

I have a 2020 Kuga with factory Towbar it’s fine with the Alko hitch. The position of the 13 pin socket is a joy to behold and use, there is also an eye for the breakaway cable carabiner hook.

·
Registered
July 2020 Titanium 190PS Ecoblue frozen white, driver assist & winter pack, factory fitted towbar
27 Posts
Thank you for taking the time to reply. It is good to know.
Thanks. There is no need to clean the towball either, it’s a bright steel one.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just remember to use the electric towbar regularly - if you don't they can get dirty and fail to deploy properly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good advice. Thank you.
The detachable towbar on my current car (Mondeo) certainly needs looking after.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Good advice. Thank you.
The detachable towbar on my current car (Mondeo) certainly needs looking after.
Detachable ones are not too bad as long as the plug is put back in when not being used. The electric ones just keep going in and out ! If they cannot lock in place because of dirt they just retract again !

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just got the new Kuga 190 titanium auto
Great car factory fit electric towbar
Now deploys locks on and returns unaided unlike previous one which needed a helping hand
Does anyone know any reason why normal rear light bulbs rather than leds are fitted?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts