Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the new Kuga Sport to be unleashed at the Paris motor show......

What do you think????? If this version comes out God help mei will be getting it....

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Griff

That's what the Kuga "Individual" was originally supposed to look like. When it got to market they had toned it down to a pack that was basically a nice interior leather pack with some big wheels and bits and pieces. The additional body enhancements never got onto the car. Similar body bits are available"aftermarket", but off the top of my head, I can't remember from where!

Those pics still look the biz though

Edited by: malph

·
Registered
584 Posts
I know its not to everyones taste which is cool be a boring world if it was! I really liked the kit but wasnt sure if it ever did come out. I am currently going for the full individual pack but will be looking into some upgrades etc, in discussions withProfile Automotive at the mo :)

Paintshield is first on the list though!

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
If you do go ahead with the "Full Monty" Griff, make sure you post some pics on here of the finished product.

Couldn't agree more that taste is a very personal thing. One thing for sure, if you end up with anything like the original concept, heads will be turning!! And after all......you only live once

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Just had a look at your UTube stuff Griff. Shy retiring type then??

Closest I got to anything likeyour STwere a Zafira VXR, 19", Full Leather, Roof mounted DVD, Xenons etc etc. Outrageous car, 7 seat MPV (or 2 seat van), 240 BHP, 0-60 in 7.2 (silly, silly). That was followedby a bog Standard Corsa VXR (turned out a bit too "harsh" for my advancing years) and then my current Scirocco.

Our Kuga is used primarily by my better half after we got rid of her dog ofa CMax. She won't drive the Scirocco, openly admits it scares the bjesus out of her - fine by me

·
Registered
584 Posts
lol The video in my sig at the bottom (Temp sig I might add) is of my new RS but there are a number of different previous ST projects on there as well. The RS is in next months Performance Ford and Fast Ford magazines as well :) Time to start a new project with a Kuga

See how I get on with it :)

Saw a Scirocco in the flesh the other day and I was pleasantly suprised actually :) I did buy a Golf GT back in June 09 but only kept it for 48hrs as I didnt like it............. back to the dealer lol

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
What was the prob with your CMax malph?

Ours was OK, it was the top of the range with all the gizmos (but certainly not 240BHP) but I hated the hand brake. It was one of those button jobs and you had to dip the clutch fully to release it. I like to get 'the biting point' on a hill start and you couldn't do that, instead you had to rev it like **** to stop it rolling backwards which I'm sure did it no good at all. I used to look in my rear view mirror and if anyone pulled up close behind I used to think you might regret that mate!

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Hi Champs.

Our CMaxwas a Ford Direct supplied car, 2.0 TDCI Titanium with Sport XPack, 5000 miles. Looked good to start with. Wasn't very well prepared on the valetting front, but very few cars I've had measure up to my standards, I always give them a really good going over as soon as I can. It was also handed over with no mats which are part of the standard spec. Eventually got some after a deal of moaning, not the top spec as they should have been, but did the job.

Unfortunately, that's when I started to notice the odd little thing, like what I thought was fading on the Ford centrecap badges on the front wheels. Then instrong sunlight (remember that stuff)I noticed some scratching on the gloss black finish around the Sony radio and on some of the interior trim.

It was mainly used by my Wife who started to complain about wheel wobble at around 70mph, but it was intermittent??. Having driven it myself, I had a good look around the front wheels and tyres, I spotted that the front drivers side tyre had virtually no tread across about 2/3 of the tyre, this was at about 9000 miles. Back to the dealer, who eventually, reluctantly, admitted that it wasn't right and replaced the said tyrewith one of a totally different make and tread pattern to the rest and balanced the wheels.

No sooner did we pick up the car than the wheel wobble returned. So I took it to an independent wheel and tyre centre who had a really good look around........Their comments were..."Who balanced this, my 9 year old could have done a better job", and "Have you seen the "overspray" on the Ford centrecap badges and the brake calipers". It seems the wheels had beensprayed (badly) to cover up who knows what. Bottom line was that they thought there may be something fudamentaly wrong with the cars front end geometry.

The alarms bells had well and truly rung and I could see months of hassle and grief ahead, plus the prospect of my Wife driving around in a car neither of us had any faith in, so we got rid of it for the Kuga. Bestmove we've made in ages, 'specially with the weather we've had.

Bet you wish you hadn't asked now eh!

Edited by: malph

·
Registered
1,063 Posts

Just looks the business from every angle.

But I think I might just settle for the Kuga Coupe when it arrives.

Oh yes

·
Registered
982 Posts
Thanks for posting that Griff..........makes the waiting worse!! Arghhh and now there's a Ford ad on the telly!!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Those pictures shown on page 1 look very similar to the "overpriced" kit that MS Design do for the Kuga - so nothing NEW to look at.

http://www.ms-design.com/en/produkte/singleview.html

Griff - what is it with you - you were on Ford ST Owners, then you pop up on Focusstoc and now here - are you stalking me

Edited by: Kuga Jon

·
Registered
328 Posts
No mate - thought about it and then decided that £27k was a little overpriced for what is in theory a more aggressive looking and slightly more powerful ST
(mine was the same power as the RS when I got shot of it)

Had the RS been 4WD then maybe...but at that price the Insignia VXR looks better value for money with alot more power and 4WD - just the fact its a Vauxhall was the problem

1 - 20 of 23 Posts