Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

121 - 140 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well it's too late for me - I've just cancelled my order (even though it's sitting in the dealer's lot).
Decided to go full-on EV.
Good luck!
We're looking at doing the same as there appears to be no permanent fix available and Ford can't or won't advise when vehicles will be released.
As a matter of interest, did you have any problems getting your deposit back from the supplying dealership?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
So if you’re interested in a Kuga PHEV ST-Line x first edition in Black for immediate delivery contact Marshall Ford in Kings Lynn

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
We're looking at doing the same as there appears to be no permanent fix available and Ford can't or won't advise when vehicles will be released.
As a matter of interest, did you have any problems getting your deposit back from the supplying dealership?
I haven’t had a reply yet. I’d be surprised if they dispute this.. the vehicle as ordered cannot be provided and they can probably sell it instantly given the production delays. I’ll let you know..

·
Registered
2020 Ford Kuga PHEV ST Line X first edition In Lucid Red
156 Posts
Well can’t blame you .... it has taken the exicitment and enjoyment out of a new car.

New to ford or not Hybrid technology is not that new so they should have done due diligence and produced a vehicle fit for use .....all the manufactures mostly know What each is up to and am sure they dissect each other’s vehicles to see what the others are up to .

But I am sorry battery Venting when charging is pretty basic stuff how on earth did they miss that.....

·
Super Moderator
2,180 Posts
Ford should have kept it simple, at least this one works!

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
There's really only two scenarios how this has come about.

1. They didn't do adequate testing and rushed the car to market.

2. They knew there were significant issues but pushed ahead anyway.

Either of the above are pretty inexcusable for such a large company (but not unexpected).

Seems Customer Care is well down on Ford's priority list, all about the money..

·
Super Moderator
2,180 Posts
They do have 'form' of course. Just Google Ford Pinto.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
Just had a call from the Dealer:
"are you sure, becuase I can sell this car today" - Yes
Bank details provided. Deposit refund on the way.

·
Super Moderator
2,180 Posts
Reading that makes good sense to buy a diesel car unless of course the force of the accident compressed the diesel.
If you read the full case review, the modification would only have cost $11.00 per car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was on my way to pick my car this morning only to get a call saying that they cannot let me have the car for this very reason. i should be getting a letter this week explaining more what the problem is and parts will be available from the 20/08/2020.
Not a very good start.
My phev went into the dealership for battery drain I was informed today FMCo have told the dealership not release the Kuga wool be having a hire car for a week FMCo are paying

·
Super Moderator
2,180 Posts
Think that you may be a hire car for more than a week so do ensure that they don't limit their liability to pay the costs.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Something not quite right here .... for an unrelated issue To the HV venting charging Issue they are not releasing the car.....maybe we all should be more worried than they suggest .....

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a recall with the 20S34 code in the Ford app on 4th July.

I had it fixed a week later by the Ford dealer. At the time I wasn't told it was serious or not to charge the battery.
thanks - how long did it take?

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
There was a chap on Facebook who was completely unaware it was still dangerous to charge his car after the "recall".

He was complaining it wouldn't take a full charge!.

Ford's communication regarding safety issues is pretty poor it seems.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Want to share some bits of advice and research I’ve found about this topic so far.

To start - here’s a bit of context...
  • picked up my new 1st Edition kuga ST Line X PHEV on 31st July.
  • Had the recall booked in and sorted with my dealership on 25th August.
  • Found out from Ford CRC the recall wasn’t an acceptable fix on 6th Sept. Still considered to have a fault.
  • And since then, I’ve been waiting for next steps from Ford while they figure things out, stuck using Auto EV, no charging, blah blah... (11 days now)
Some advice for others, I’ve got a brand and customer service background in tech - I suggest to those who‘ve gone through this (admittedly surprising) and disappointing experience with their new Kuga to take the following steps.

PS. I must say I love my new Kuga, I just want it fixed and to feel that ‘excited new car feeling’ again. I believe we’ll come to a resolve, but for now - pretty disappointed!

- Its worth doing some research... this isn’t the only car brand that’s had issues with a new hybrid. Look at what happened with Audi’s E-Tron, sound familiar?!...

I don’t think it’s down to poor testing, these PHEV vehicles have bleeding-edge tech and require complex engines / parts to work as they do. We’re the first gen of customers to experience this transition, all brands will have to push through this painful period, and also bring their customers with them.

- Keep all your petrol receipts, you may be able to claim them later. Ford have requested us to not use the car for its intended purpose, because of a fault they’ve not got a solution for yet. EV only is not recommended and we have no choice but to use fuel. Its v. likely we’re entitled to reimbursement to, which is something you should raise with your CRC rep.

- You may have noticed from the Audi E-Tron recall above, they actually offered their customers a $800 cash card for the inconvenience (offset fuel) and the option to have a loaner car until the recall is fixed, (if you’re worried about your car catching fire at home, perhaps?) if the issue continues - I think this is something that might be considered on an individual basis and their situation. Yes, seriously. I will ask because I “want my first few months back” in value.

- take the free servicing (their goodwill gesture), but don’t settle for just that! That’s Ford customer service assuming that’s all you’ll want to fix your brand loyalty. Say that you want the reassurance of being covered by Ford for an extended period (because you had plans to keep the Kuga for a long while - because you thought Fords are reliable). So also ask to extent the warranty on the car for a couple years longer too (and with a higher mileage cap).. because you might as well - just in case.

- know your rights about car recalls... Keep in mind that the manufacturer should give you an idea of how long the process will take (which they can’t, and haven’t) and they are required by law to provide a safe resolution (not yet). Also, you may have the right to return it and get yourself back to your original financial situation before purchasing.

These suggestions aren’t about ripping of Ford as much as possible, it’s making sure you’ve had a fair and positive experience with them, and to repair your brand loyalty to Ford. At the end of the day, us Kuga PHEV owners have invested a lot of money, and not really got what we paid for yet.

If you don’t ask, you don’t get - and I hope this gets you excited about getting that new car feeing again. Happy to share how it goes on my side.

-R

·
Registered
156 Posts
Ahh well another day another bunch of alerts on Fordpass app Remote features disabled to conserve battery life .....At least the cars talking to me ....more than can be said for Ford🙃

·
Registered
156 Posts
Well here we go again just got to car doors wont open had to manual get in with key ....battery flat nothing or deep on start button in deep sleep or whatever ...... try to jump start alarm going off speakers thumping ....
5 th attempt starts throws loads of warning lights ..... had a few warnings last week remone features disabled to conserve battery life etc last week .... but car is driven every day ..

I did wash and clean the car for a couple of hours yesterday car opened but doors closed ....so no lights on etc .... went totally flat before after a long clean ....also another “Feature “ is using hosepipe and keys in pocket stream of water on door handles locks and unlocks doors constantly have to unlock it and put keys in garage.

Supposedly had software patch done a few weeks ago ..... cant rely on this car now ....no matter how good it is to drive....

121 - 140 of 153 Posts